OtakuBoards

The Godfather

Ikeor

Number One. Why did they give the godfather a 7 out of 10 in gameinformer.
It is one of the only games that I have seen that has decent graphics with almost no loading screen. The only loading screens there are is when you start the game and in campian if there is a movie. The time for the loading screens is about 5 seconds that gets you to the actual game. Now that I have gotten that out of the way the godfather is one of the only games that I have seen that takes a book and turns it into a good game instead of one of those cheesy spongbob or charlie and the chocolate factory games. They don't have you play someone from the main film but a background guy that does the dirty work if more game desingers did this we would have a lot of good games on our hands. :demon:

[color=darkred]I rented the game a few weeks ago, and was very disappointed with it. The controls are [i]very[/i] shoddy, and navigating around the control pad takes a lot of getting use to. Well, it did for me. I'd say that the control system of GTA is much simpler and user-friendly than that of The Godfather.

Driving around is another issue. Turning and whatnot feels extremely stiff, and acceleration is anything but smooth, but the biggest problem of all is getting around town. I mean, navigation on the map is ridiculous. It seems as if there is only one specific root that you can take to get to a certain part of town, unlike, say GTA, where the world is your oyster. Frankly speaking, I'd say a 7 is pretty generous.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
True that in car chases no matter how fast you are going the cops or gang members always cach up to you. Focus less on the graphics repeting terrians and speeches you have exellent game play and a good storyboard. Just think in the xbox 360 version they will have time to get some of the gliches and make things more resonable and for the xbox only fans there should be a godfather II to satisfy your needs someday :demon: