OtakuBoards

Anime Stores

Darktigerpack17

Hey, I am planning on opening my own anime store, and I was wondering, apart from myself, what do you look for when you go to an anime store? What could I do to mke it better than other peoples? I've just got the licence and a shipment, but I'd like some input before I open a location.

Thx for all yur help.

Usually when I go to an anime store, I look for what they have. If they have posters, figures, and general merchaindice that other stores dont have, then it's a big plus. Two, I look for price. A anime store I used to go to had posters for 2.50, and all kinds of wallets, cards, general stuff for really cheap. If you have things for more "obscure" anime, then that's also good. The anime world doesn't revole around Naruto and Bleach.

If you aply at least one of those things, I'm sure that's great. Most anime retailers actually go to Japan or go to a crapload of conventions to get their stuff, so you would have to do that too.

Hentai, Im playing. GOOD PRICES there is nothing worse than going into a anime store and everything being a huge crapload of money like a wallet being twenty-five dollars because it has Trigun or naruto on it.

A good selection of anime and manga is always nice, Wall scrolls and maybe even items like pocky and random drinks Ect, but that's really about it. If you want business don't overprice things because people check out the prices before anything. I suggest looking through anime stores and finding anime and what they charge for it, then hack the price acouple dollars You end up getting a better profit from it anyway.

But all in all i wish you luck with your shop.