OtakuBoards

Jaws Unleashed

Dragonboym2

[COLOR=Blue]Hey out there.
I've heard of a Jaws video game in the works for a long time now, and I finaly got to take a look at the trailer for it. It looks pretty cool, I got to say.
One of the best things about this game is you get to BE the shark. That's right, you heard me. So it means that the world is your buffet! Playing as the shark, you get to eat whoever or whatever you come across from swimmers, to killer whales(Chomp, Chomp!)
But there is a plot to the game. It takes place on the same island as the first film. You have eaten the son of a big time CEO that owns the island, and he has hired a marine biologist and shark hunter to track you down.
This game is a real treat for me. "Jaws" is one of my favorite films, and it was filmed in my homestate, too. I've been to the town where it was filmed, on Martha's Vineyard.
I'm a little scepical though. Movie games are not really that great. It's any one's guess with this game. Will it be a a solid hit? Or a disaster like the three movie sequels?

What do you guys think?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

I saw the E3 trailer and had mixed feelings. On one hand, as a young boy I loved the films. So, the Jaws franchise is always going to stir up some nostalgia. I even remember playing, and beating, the incredibly weird NES game. The game itself looked like it might be good fun. I watched and re-watched the part where Jaws was mauling someone while a poorly-rendered onlooker was screaming. The game looks and sounds very campy as it ought to. And, I was definitely happy to see him ramming through glass.

I just wonder how entertaining it will be in the long run, and how well they'll resolve the camera issues that are very visible when Jaws comes into contact with architecture.

I remember seeing the trailer for the game awhile back, in my opinion it looked ok but I don't think I will like it as much as I liked the movie.But maybe they can do something with it :animesmil

Im buying the game, it's fairly innovative if you read through the news section of diffrent game sites i suggest Ign.com There you can watch the trailers about it and what not but the game looks amazing from just what the water looks like and to the blood from your victims, Plus you can chew legs off and heads, really anything you want.

And adding to the realism if other sea creatures smell the blood they will come running towards it, I mean the game is looking very impressive and for thirty bucks im not complaining, I suggest buying the game but i can tell you alittle more when i buy the game, or rent since im sorta broke at the moment.

[COLOR=Blue]A little bit of trivia for you. After the second film, Universal was approached by National Lampoon with a movie pitch called "Jaws 3 People 0." Universal of course turned it down. But Universal made a third film anyway, "Jaws 3D". And it wasn't that great.

Oh, I forgot to mention there is kind of a in-joke in the game. During the part when you get to fight a Killer whale, it reminded me of another movie.
After Jaws was made, rival studio Paramount, made a rip-off film with a killer whale called "Orca." I didn't see it, but I heard it was very much like Jaws in story.
This is kind of like Universal's way of getting back at them.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]