OtakuBoards

Harvest Moon

Tatsubei Yagyu

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Actually, this isn't a new Haverst Moon game...It's for the PS1. I have the one for Gamecube, as well, but the PS1 one has a lot of it's own merits. :)

Has anyone esle serious played a Harvest Moon game? I've never been as serious about farming as I've ever been in this game ever.

I started playing again after watching my sister play it for a while. She was struggling to get her horse into the barn because a hurricane was coming, which for some reason made me want to play again.

Actually, no one's talked about this game for the longest time, so maybe it has been forgotten... :( [/FONT][/COLOR]

I get addicted for a while, and then my Harvest Moon craving will suddenly disappear. I've had A Wonderful Life for the Gamecube and Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA, and both of them were pretty good.

The one I loved most, though, was Harvest Moon 3 for the GBC. It was more limited in character interaction and events, but I spent most of my time on that game. That one was the most addicting farming sim I ever played. I loved the snowboarding mini-game so very much. There was also that fun little glitch were you could gain huge amounts of crops by messing with the shipping system a bit. I lose my dedication to virtual working after a few game years pass, so I loved that glitch. ;) I tried to do it in real life by calling the bank, but my account didn't get 55 golden eggs in it. Oh well.

The new ones set to come out on the Gamecube and the DS look promising, so I'll probably pick them up if I can get the cash.

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][b] I love Harvest moon BTN, but the variations of it made it so real and stessful until you got the hang of it. It would have helped if they used better graphics, the chibi things looked liked moving stubs.. But I guess it's good for what it's for. Currently I'm on another Harvest Moon high. I'm debating getting another. One that's really good it Harvest moon save the homeland. Even though it gets annoying you only have a year, you can't get married or have kids. The graphics are just.. Delicious. I think it looked the best considering graphics out of any they ever made. And I love that they make ones for girls, too. So you don't feel weird hitting on a chick with cakes and cheese, ya know? Even though alot of girls prolly play the boy ones too, I think girls have an easier time being a boy than boy's have playing a girl. Unless it's tomb raider. In which is just interesting because she's wearing less and less clothing each time. And even though they make the male versions before a female one. But eh. I bet all of them have their goods and bads. If my little brother moves in I'm gunna 'borrow' his gamecube for A Wonderful Life, and Another Wonderful life. :-D [/b] [/FONT]