OtakuBoards

Metal!!!

Guest doubledanger

Guest doubledanger
This song is pretty cool, I was [url]http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/12806622[/url]

Great song, any metal heads in the bunch?

Slayers is kinda oldsckool, maybe the newer metal heads can bring me up to date.

Drop me some napsterlinks of newer metal bands.

Not enough anime has metal music, or maybe I'm not lookin hard enough.

The link didn't work for me.

I am, however, a metalhead, an extremely avid one at that. If you ever want some suggestions on new bands (or can offer me some!), just let me know! The Metal scene keeps getting pushed further and further down by the over-saturation of hardcore, emocore, omgxcore, lolxcore, and whatevercore that's just everywhere these days, so I know how it goes being frustrated with finding good Metal out there.

[QUOTE=doubledanger]This song is pretty cool, I was [url]http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/12806622[/url]

Great song, any metal heads in the bunch?

Slayers is kinda oldsckool, maybe the newer metal heads can bring me up to date.

Drop me some napsterlinks of newer metal bands.

Not enough anime has metal music, or maybe I'm not lookin hard enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love metal. Right now I'm on a hair metal kick. Some of the bands I like:

[list=1]
[*]Stryper
[*]Thin Lizzy
[*]Motorhead
[*]Poison
[*]Metallica
[*]Megadeth
[*]Cannibal Corpse
[*]Venom
[*]Iced Earth
[*]Judas Preist
[*]Iron Maiden
[*]Black Sabbath
[*]Ozzy Osbourne
[*]Rob Zombie
[/list]

Very few of it is "new," but it gives you the idea of what I'm into.

Gamma ray and Dragon Force are great metal bands
[url]http://www.napster.com/view/album/index.html?id=10936827[/url]
listen to "Heaven or hell" great song

I have like 50 different metal artist I listen to I like rock too... :D :animeangr

I guess the Kovenant's ok... but probably not the kind of thing you're looking for. Someone mentioned DragonForce - definately a good pick. My personal favorites right now are Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Children of Bodom, and Amon Amarth, among a crapload of others. But definately give Ensiferum a listen, because as far as I'm concerned, they're the best band out there right now. Their song "Lai Lai Hei" is a great place to start.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heero yuy
the only true metal I listen to now are Dragon force gotta love dueling guitars and Chodom of Bodom, but not too much...I'm more into metalcore.

[font=trebuchet ms]I've dropped out of metal music almost entirely, mostly due to obtaining broadband internet, lol. I've gotten into the whole emo genre, the real, oldschool emo. Bands like Saetia, Hot Cross, Pg. 99, Orchid, Ampere, soforth.

As far as metal goes, I do enjoy a good metalcore kick. Sorry, Jake. I was the first person to buy The Demonstration's debut cd, Existence. They're Killwhitneydead's live band, which is pretty awesome. They play technical metal with some really odd and brutal vocals. Trevor has an interesting voice.

I also greatly enjoy The Taste of Blood, Killing Theory, and Animosity, which are all very similar bands from the same record label. Outside of that, I haven't really found anything that's really excited me. DragonForce is GREAT to clean to though, lol.

EDIT: I forgot Protest the Hero. What the hell? They are probably the best Metal band (with a bit of a punk influence) that I've heard in a very long time. They're kind of like A Bullet For My Valentine and Between the Buried and Me's lovechild, without the two bands' crappy lyrics. You need to hear them, Jake. ;)[/font]

Haha! My brother has been listening to a bunch of Protest the Hero lately, actually. You can totally tell whos music is whos on my iTunes library. :animesigh

Can't say I love it... But you know me, ever the pretentious, elitist Metalhead prick! :D

You'd probably get a kick out of Job For a Cowboy (if you haven't already heard them). I strongly suggest you look them up on Myspace or something.

But anyway, check out the band Asmegin. It's Metal, and totally not like any of the stuff you normally like, but it's really different and interesting. If you can find the song Blodhevn, listen to the last 50 seconds or so of that song. You can't tell me it's not awesome, even if you're not into this kind of thing. :cool:

Oh, and Rifles, if you just go to my Myspace profile, the song that's on there is by Asmegin.

They're a Viking band of sorts that mixes death vocals, black vocals, female vocals, and the best clean male vocals I think I've ever heard with the smoothest harmonies ever. Awesome stuff and definately a new favorite.

[font=trebuchet ms]Jake, don't you mean [u][URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQI3BSVOKM]Job for a Sponge[/URL][/u]?

Yes, I know JFAC, I've met them. XD

And I'm listening to ...uh... "checks* ...A-Asmegin on your profile as I type this and they're interesting. It's not totally my thing, but I can dig it. I'll probably look into them more later. :)

And Jake as well as all you onlookers would do well in checking out The Demostration. THey're not a big favorite but they're good fun to listen to. I'll put a song up on my MySpace (how convenient!), which you can find a link to in my sig.[/font]