OtakuBoards

Ben 10

animeloyalist91

I Was flipping the channels yesterday when I saw this tv show. It was a show about a boy with a super Wacth that can give him the powers of 10 UfO's. The story board was solid and it was really good. Just I did not know wether to concider it anime or not. But is is a really good show. Some one help me figure this out.

While it is [I]influenced[/I] by anime, like Teen Titans, it is [I]not[/I] anime. It is completely made in America, and anime is Japanese.

There can be some debte over what falls into the anime category. Manga, manhwa (Korean comics), and manhua (Chinese comics) are considered in separate categories, but to the best of my knowledge, Asian animation is usually considered anime whether it is Japanese or not. I count a show like IGPX as anime because it is produced by both Cartoon Network and Production I.G. But a cartoon like Ben 10, which is not, to the best of my knowledge, produced in part by any studio in Asia, is not anime.

Excuse me for the long, drawn-out opinion, and forgive me if I got anything wrong. And this might need to be moved to Music, Movies & TV, unless a mod says it is anime.