Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Okay, so my band really needs a wicked logo, and I think I can design it myself. However, I will need some help figuring out how to do a few things. Can someone look at the following logos and tell me what the person used to make those, and how he achieved the effects? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.[/SIZE][/COLOR]


[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/scleraart/ette.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/scleraart/4.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/scleraart/wc1.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/scleraart/2.gif[/IMG]

These logos are found [URL=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=81646782]HERE[/URL]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][size=1]Because you're not requesting a graphic, I moved it to the Art Studio, as it's more a discussion than anything else.

[b]- Retribution[/b][/size][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#b0000b][size=1]1.) Draw messy letters.
2.) Import messy letters to Illustrator.
3.) Livetrace.
4.) Choose stroke color. Set stroke to 2.
5.) Choose fill color.
6.) Select all.
7.) Copy and paste into Photoshop.
8.) In a layer behind your pasted object, go wild with splatter brushes.[/size][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Thanks, Sara. Only I'm not sure about the first few steps. In the above logos, you can see how the outlines of the letters kind of blend in where they touch. Could you elaborate on how to draw and import the letters to make them that way? Should I do each letter importing individually first or all at once? Thanks.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=dimgray] Right now my only advice is to make the font readable. I've been trying to find out what your band name is, and I still have no idea. P: [/color]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]My band's name is Divine Misfortune. If someone could make a logo like the one above for me using white, black, lime green I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#b0000b][size=1]This is how you'd do this with Illustrator.

Draw the letters. Just scribble them. You don't need to worry about blending any lines together. I scribbled this in photoshop.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25765&stc=1[/img]

Copy this and paste it into Illustrator. Hit "livetrace."

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25766&stc=1[/img]

Under the "object" menu, scroll down to the livetrace options. Choose "expand." Your logo will suddenly have lots of colored lines marking different paths. Change the path color and fill color to your liking. I made the fill white and the paths pink.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25767&stc=1[/img]

And then I messed with it some more. I set the main outline's stroke to two, and changed the fill color to another pink color.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25768&stc=1[/img]

Taa-daa.

The actual shape of your letters, how close they are, how much they run together, etc., all depends on how you draw them. The ones you posted look like the guy got mad in math class and just scribbled back and forth a lot as he was writing. Experiment with different ways of drawing your letters; the process is gonna be the same every time. [/color][/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Ah, thanks, now I get it. Only I have to have Illustrator CS to do livetrace : ( Oh well, guess I'll have to get that. Thanks again Sara. You've really saved me a lot of trouble and time, I appreciate it. : )[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1][color=#b0000b]There are other programs out there. Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics program. And [url=http://delineate.sourceforge.net/]Delineate[/url] can convert stuff to vector, though I couldn't tell you the best way to do it. I haven't used it very much.[/color][/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Okay, one problem. I did livetrace in Illustrator, but when i clicked on stroke or fill, they wouldn't let me choose any colors or anything. Why is that?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...