Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[url]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1131951343[/url]

A very good, dear best friend of mine linked me to this earlier. He and I grew up on Super Mario Brothers, so it's fitting that he should be the one posting all sorts of weird game-related stuff on my Myspace.

I really enjoyed watching this video, because in some weird way, it's a trip back in time. I find the technique of the performance to be remarkable; the black curtain is a good call, even though black is the proper stage-hand color anyway. I loved how the audience was getting into it, too. College-age people are the Super Mario generation after all.

Thoughts?
Posted
[size=1]Yeah, I was really impressed by the entire thing. The joke kind of gets old towards the end of the 'performance' but it looks like everyone involved did a fantastic job. I know this has gotten a lot of attention on the internet, so much so that McDonald's did a very similar commercial for their current Super Mario Brothers Happy Meal toys.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ZkZeDYI_U[/url]

It looks like the people who did the college performance might be involved in the commercial, or maybe it's just a blatant rip-off. Either way, it's probably really cool for the college performers to see something they did for fun inspire a nationwide tv ad.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, I've seen that video before and I love it to death. I've tried persuading my friends to do it at our school but they just won't bite. Ah, well. It's hillarious to watch anyway.

There's another video similar to this on YouTube called [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LXNzQWX8Pc][b]Mario Themes - Marimba[/b][/url]. Basically it's three guys and one girl playing different Mario tunes with a Marimba and a Drum Kit. Tons of fun.

I'd really like to do either of these at a school talent show, but like I said earlier not enough people I know are willing. They just want to do that stupid [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlRNIFm7yo]singing one[/url]. >_>"[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1][color=slategray]It's things like these that make me wish my friends and community were more interesting. :(

White, I think those two videos you posted were just about the greatest things I've ever seen.

Thank you.[/color][/size]
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest valiantsword16
Posted
Yeah I seen that video before. It was the coolest thing I've ever saw. It could've gotten better if that dude battle Bowser. ;)
Posted
[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]It's things like these that make me wish my friends and community were more interesting. :(color'][/size][/quote]


I feel the same way you do. It's worse when everyone around you only thinks about sports.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...