OtakuBoards

A question about categories

Tally Solleni

I'm afraid I've run into a bit of a dilemma.
You see, I have a series of Tokyo Mew Mew fanfics I've been working on for a while. Recently, I drew a few little four-panel comics about the fan characters in said fanfics, with the intention of showcasing a few small (often humorous) details about the characters' personalities, particularly the ones that didn't get much screentime in the story.
Of course I was jumping for joy when the new 'Fan Manga' hub was added to theOtaku. But then I realised that I'm in a bit of a tight spot. These fancomics of mine do not actually feature the original Tokyo Mew Mew cast, so I don't think I should put them in the 'Tokyo Mew Mew' category. But since the jokes rely on the reader's knowledge of my Tokyo Mew Mew fics, I can't put them in 'Original Anime', either.
To sum up: I have draw some comics about fan characters and, although they do not feature canon characters, they require some familiarity with the original series to be understood. I do not know whether I should put these comics in the category for the original series, or in 'Original Anime'.
Any suggestions?

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]It seems to me that you could put them in either category. Since you have a section for explaining a bit about your comic you could either put it in the Tokyo Mew Mew category with a brief statement on how the show inspired your fan fictions and the comic is about the fan fictions you wrote. And if the fan fictions are posted elsewhere you could include a link to the said fan fictions.

You could do the same if you put it in original anime as well, just note that the comics were inspired by fan fictions you wrote based on the Tokyo Mew Mew series. And again, if the fan fictions are posted elsewhere, provide a link so the viewer can go and check out the fan fictions if they wish.

Personally, I would put it in the Tokyo Mew Mew series because the comics are based off of fan fictions of that series. And so long as you include the details surrounding the comic like I mentioned it should be fine. ^_~[/COLOR]