OtakuBoards

XBOX Lives Sudden Skilled Players

Venge

Over the past few weeks, I have been noticing a considerable amount of excellent players playing in the lower ranks on Halo 2. This also goes on in other ranked XBOX Live games as well, but the only one I have is Halo 2. Now, most of you may think that 'Oh, they're just that good. People do get better you know', but the thing is, this happened in a span of 2 months. I believe people have purposly been de-leveling just so they can take on lower skilled players before all the ranks reset this weekend.

Now, how would you feel if you just wanted to play a few rounds of Team Snipers before work, but when you get on, you're teamed with stupid, useless, incompetent players while the other team has players that could go semi-pro? Wouldn't you feel angry, irritated that people have no lives and must disrupt others enjoyment before they have to go and WORK? I bet you that most of these kids that de-level have their parents pay for their account, internet, system, games, everything. Not saying that ALL kids are like that, just most are.

If you have felt this problem in whatever XBOX Live game you play, please give me your opinion. I'd like to know how others feel and hopefully I won't risk breaking my controller again. XD It would be interesting to actually hear people talk about this (and other) problems.

[size=1][color=red]Venge, I removed your gamer tag information, and your request for others gamer tag information because there is already a thread for online play. [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56774]Hardwire Online[/URL] <- click that. ~Phenom~ [/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I can truly say I love my xbox live and play it often (Mostly some nights). But users lowering their rank is possible, as well as lower rank users just being good. At times you can't really tell if that is the case (To lower their ranks just to fight against other lower ranks.). In my opinion the majority of players always aim to be the best and enjoy playing amongst their level (Eh...but what to I know.).

When I do go on, I usaully throw in Rianbow Six and play sharpshooter or co-op. Now this is the opposite of lowering your rank, in Rainbow Six, you run into a lot users with such high ranks...but just plain suck and think their the ****. But the majority of them achieved high ranks due to glitching in, 'Team Sharpshooter'. To make it short, it may not be the same as your situation, but it falls into that category. I'll probably run into that issue when I get Halo 3. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]You're gonna find that a lot on Xbox Live. Halo 2 is the worst offender, though. Just like World of Warcraft, Halo is picking up new players every single day but since most people have been playing it since it came out you're bound to be teamed up with lackluster players sometime.

Another offender is Rainbow Six: Vegas. A lot of players just stat padded their way to the top so when you think you're on a great defending team with a bunch of Colonels and Lieutenants, you're actually not and you get walked all over.

I mean, yeah, it sucks but at the same time its just a game and children are going to cuss at you online and make you mad.

Ever wonder what 'Game experience may change while online' really means?[/SIZE][/COLOR]