OtakuBoards

Have you ever wanted to run away?

Tibby

Have you ever wanted to run away? Have you ever gotten into your car to run an errand, but just wanted to keep driving? Or, wanted to hop on a plane, bus, train and just go somewhere, anywhere but here? If so, why? Did you go? If you didn't, what stopped you?

I was doing some shopping, and saw signs for the highway. I almost jumped onto the highway to drive to an old friend's place in another state. I had just found out that a person whom I'd known and trusted for over a year had been deceiving me about something very important, trying to get me to do something that would have been so horrible because of the thing I was being deceived about! It's not the first time that that exact thing had happened to me. Sorry it's so vague, but I'd rather not give out too many details. However, I didn't go, because leaving my boyfriend, even for so short a time, would be very hard for me. Plus, I didn't want to worry him over my disappearance. Lastly, I have no money!

[COLOR=Green][FONT=Garamond]Yes I have wanted to run away so many times, but never have. I was close to running away from home once when I was little. It's actually a pretty funny story.

I think I was 6 or 7yrs old (somewhere around that age). I was really mad at my mother for some reason. I think I wanted something and she told me no so I was really pissed at her. I remember thinking to myself, 'I hate them. I hate them all. No one loves me in this family. Its not fair the way they treat me. I should run away and never come back. I hate it here.' (It was basically something like that lol. I was crying and ranting in my room like a kid) Anyway so I took out a suitcase(med sized) and started packing up clothes. I packed jeans, t-shirts, socks, no underwear lol, 1 pair of pjs, and like 3 dolls. I brought my bag down the steps and left it on the floor. I was going to sneak out the front door of my house. To get to the back door (which is the one we usually use in my house) you have to go through the kitchen. My mother was sitting in the kitchen watching tv. I thought to myself that I might get cold so I had to go get my coat, which was hanging by the backdoor. So I walked through the kitchen and toward my coat and my mother asked me what I was doing so I lied to her and said I left something in my coat pocket. I kept thinking of a way to get the coat through without her seeing it, but I finally couldn't find a way to do it so I stomped back out to where I left my bag and took the bag back upstairs and unpacked everything. LOL I couldn't run away from home because I couldn't get my coat. WOW I really was a dork![/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I think about it a lot. I mean, I could. I'd get caught and all, but in theory, I have enough money, and I have a car now.
But I never actually have. It scares me too much to run away and have my family get super upset. I love them too much to do that to them.
There was only one time I seriously considered it. That was about a year and a half ago when my brother was getting screamed at again. I got sick of it because whenever he gets in trouble, I end up getting in trouble. It's silly. But anyway, I hated it so much that I seriously considered just leaving and pissing them off. But when I screamed that I was going to leave, I got screamed at to go to my room. I, being the idiot that I was, did.
There ya go.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=3][color=crimson][font=century gothic] I never really though of running away as a kid. I had no real reson to, since I get along real nice with my family.

I have thought about what life would be like now, as a grown adult, if I just hit the road and never returned. I'm sure I could set up a new life in another town, find amother job and live out a new life somewhere where I couldn't be found. It's an interesting thought, but it is purely an entertainment purposes thought.

My family is good to me, and despite some differences that happen, like, in every family, we're as close as you can be. I have no real reason to vanish without warning, and setting up in a new town or country with a new job would more likely be family-assisted than family avoidance.[/size][/color][/font]

Guest Copycatalyst
Yeah I love to run. . .away anywhere. Most I've ever ran is 6 miles at once, maybe a bit more. Running is one of my passions.