Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT="Arial"]Yesterday I learned how to play the Windmill Hut theme from Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time) on both lead and rhythm guitar and bass. Then I tried recording it. The song turned out alright--it's nowhere near perfect and it certainly isn't CD quality--but I think it's at least listenable.

It's located here: [U][URL="http://myspace.com/nogband"]Nectar of the Gods myspace[/URL][/U]

So, now it's your turn. Record yourself playing a song (could be from anything: video games, TV shows, anime, whatever. It can also be by a band or musical artist, but the aforementioned media is preferable). It can be an audio file like I made or a video of you playing the song. It can even be as crappy as mine (and crappier! but at least make sure it's not horrendously terrible quality).

Let's show off our musical prowess, or lack thereof. Hah.[/FONT]
Posted
Does it have to be video? Cause I have a crap load of mixes and stuff on my computer and stuff, but I haven't recorded myself actually playing since it's mostly synth loops and stuff on the computer.
Posted
[quote name='Sesshomarufan']Does it have to be video? Cause I have a crap load of mixes and stuff on my computer and stuff, but I haven't recorded myself actually playing since it's mostly synth loops and stuff on the computer.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Nope, it can be an audio file too. Just as long as it's your take on a prewritten song.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]Nope, it can be an audio file too. Just as long as it's your take on a prewritten song.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

can it be loaded to OB or does it have to be through another website?
Posted
[FONT="Arial"]I don't even know if you can upload non-picture files to OB.

For audio files, you can use [url]www.myspace.com[/url] or [url]www.purevolume.com[/url] to upload the songs and have people play them. To download, there are sites like [url]www.megaupload.com[/url] and [url]www.putfile.com[/url].

Video files can go on [url]www.photobucket.com[/url], myspace, and [url]www.youtube.com[/url].

I'm sure there are plenty of others, and if you want to use a different one, go ahead.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I don't even know if you can upload non-picture files to OB.

For audio files, you can use [url]www.myspace.com[/url] or [url]www.purevolume.com[/url] to upload the songs and have people play them. To download, there are sites like [url]www.megaupload.com[/url] and [url]www.putfile.com[/url].

Video files can go on [url]www.photobucket.com[/url], myspace, and [url]www.youtube.com[/url].

I'm sure there are plenty of others, and if you want to use a different one, go ahead.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks Clurr, I'll get right on it.

EDIT: Here's a sample. Go to [url]www.purevolume.com/djredrum[/url] and download the song that's up there for a sample of my work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...