OtakuBoards

Site Ideas/Organization

Haku877

This Thread is made to give suggestions on improving the OB.

I looked for another thread ( Maybe not hard enough) and couldn't find a "Suggestions" thread to possibly help the OB progress.

I was going to suggest Moving Closed threads to a separate archives from active threads or deleting unnecessary ones, just to help organization and/or make it easier to Navigate through the site.

There's no separate thread for this kind of suggestions, because we have this whole section dedicated to them.

Now, this is not an official stance of OtakuBoards, but in my opinion closed threads should remain where they were at least for a while, because they're always closed for a reason, and if nobody sees that reason, then they won't be able to avoid making the same mistake twice. So to me, in most cases closed threads double as examples as well.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='haku877']This Thread is made to give suggestions on improving the OB.

I looked for another thread ( Maybe not hard enough) and couldn't find a "Suggestions" thread to possibly help the OB progress.[/QUOTE]You found it, as Sandy mentioned this entire section is for feedback and other things related to OtakuBoards. [quote name='haku877']I was going to suggest Moving Closed threads to a separate archives from active threads or [B]deleting unnecessary ones[/B], just to help organization and/or make it easier to Navigate through the site.[/QUOTE]Closed threads serve a purpose in giving examples to members as to[I] why[/I] something is closed. Plus there are plenty of threads that though they got closed, the original topic is something that doesn't need to be shifted off the boards via deletion or being moved.

If it's moved and it was closed for a reason, it no longer serves as an example since people wouldn't instinctively know which forum it use to be in. So moving them elsewhere would defeat the purpose.

Also, you're assuming that we don't delete unnecessary threads when we actually do. So that is something that is already done. Naturally unless you saw the thread before it was removed, you wouldn't even know we did it. [/FONT][/COLOR]