OtakuBoards

Xam'd Lost Memories

Ikillion

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR=#6d527f][CENTER][IMG]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2329/3fc7ec9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Awesome Trailer: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sno5ZmRStZ0"]here[/URL]

Official Website: [URL="http://www.xamd.jp/"]here[/URL]

So this little gem almost passed me up. First off, this series seems to be joining the bandwagon of series with easy access to the public, even though I must say its done in a pretty stupid way. Its available an the Playstation Network for about $4, then after 24 hours of first viewing it, it deletes itself (what the hell?).

ANYWAYS! My impression of this series after the first episode is unexplainable, it really blew me away. The animation really made me think of it as a cross between Eureka 7 and a Hayao Miyazaki movie. Although that did through up a couple of red flags for me seeing as while I loved the art and concept behind Eureka 7, Renton in the end ruined the series for me. Yet so far this doesn't seem t o be the case for Xam'd, they even threw in [spoiler]terrorist Eureka[/spoiler] in the beginning.

Finally, this series easily has my vote for best OP this season (its the song in the background of the trailer) its just too damn catchy. Judging by the trailer and the preview for episode two, this series is going to get crazy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I wouldn't worry about the pay - it will get to the net soon enough after each release. :)

But, I am loving what I saw. The animation was pure gold. It was wondrous stuff, the quality you would expect from a high budget movie. Now, it is just to see if the rest can keep up with it.

• 2 weeks later...
[font=trebuchet ms] The animation quality holds up very well into the next episodes, I was pretty impressed. I'm really glad you posted this thread, Ilkillion, I'm definitely going to keep up with this one. And I've never seen [b]Eureka 7[/b], so it's all new to me. :)[/font]

I've gone and watched the first episode, and it isn't too bad. Not much happens, but that isn't neccesarily a bad thing. What little I have seen has piqued my interest, and they don't tell us a great deal of back story, which is a good thing. Speculating is good for stories, ya know. :)

I'll update this post after I watch episodes 2 + 3.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]So my impression of Team Jackass has gone up a bit. I really hated the entire mail group at first with the whole. "oh yeah, we've taken you away from your friends and family without any notification because WE CAN!" but I'm glad that Akiyuki didn't whine and complain nearly as much as I had expected him to. Although as far as the main plot goes I'm still as confused as ever.

Although whoever came up with the idea to come up with imploding laser beams needs to be awarded a medal. That must be the best idea that anyone has ever thought about ever. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]