OtakuBoards

Help with Stepmania ~plz

dizzyNatsume

I hope ive got this in the correct forums :/ but anyways, i step simfiles for OD even though im not very good T.T BUT! i need people who know stepmania well and know what makes a good simfile to test mine. Im still in the course or finishing them but the OD forum went down and now i cant get them to test them (even though i think they hate me T.T) Heres the songs im doing atm:

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/Hedeki/finalcountdowntv-banner.jpg[/IMG]
Final Countdown [Brain Violation Kannou Shinshoku] - DJ Sharpnel
DL:[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9GRBRMMN[/url]
Diff: 12 oni, master, expert, challenge (whatever u want to call it)

Yakuza Terror [Brain Violation Kannou Shinshoku] - DJ Sharpnel
Data Drain [DJ SHARPNEL & V.A. - X-RATED] - DJ Sharpnel

Yes this guy does do tonz of anime stuff so if u want me to do some more simfiles from him ive already done 'The Terror Of Death' but im more focoused on someone having a look at these for me :3 plz~ *cue puppy dog eyes*

~ill upload links (once i finish them) and banners later.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm familiar with Stepmania and to answer your question about what makes a good simfile (I'm assuming you mean the step charts), it's just a matter of knowing the song and doing a few things:

1) DO NOT put it to the lyrics
2) DO NOT put it to the main melody of the song
3) Mix up your timing charts (I.E. - Put in Gallops, Triplets, Runs...etc)
4) Listen to the song repeatedly to gain a grasp of what is going on in the song.

You can test your Simfiles right on SM and see for yourself. But I'm assuming you want someone on OB to test your Simfiles for you. In which case, I could probably give them a look for you, if need be.[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm familiar with Stepmania and to answer your question about what makes a good simfile (I'm assuming you mean the step charts), it's just a matter of knowing the song and doing a few things:

1) DO NOT put it to the lyrics
2) DO NOT put it to the main melody of the song
3) Mix up your timing charts (I.E. - Put in Gallops, Triplets, Runs...etc)
4) Listen to the song repeatedly to gain a grasp of what is going on in the song.

You can test your Simfiles right on SM and see for yourself. But I'm assuming you want someone on OB to test your Simfiles for you. In which case, I could probably give them a look for you, if need be.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
thx for the tips ^^ but the brain violation stuff is pritty repetitive so putting in different timing stuff might be hard, i also need to keep it constant or it will instantly fail testing for the OD pack (most of my stuff has gone down that road) :'( but im having trouble getting them to test it, even if i ask o.0 and the forums are down too.. but getting someone here (maby you) to test if you want would be great because i cant fully release the song anywere e.g. in FFR or Bemani aswell :(

EDIT:just finished the beta version of final countdown, beta meaning, theres bound to be some mistakes and inconsistancey but anyone willing to look at it might find some i dont know about :)'

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Blue"]DizzyNatsume, please do not double post. If you have something further to add, please use the Edit post function at the bottom of your posts. Thank you!

~Korey [/COLOR][/FONT]