OtakuBoards

Glass Fleet

Horendithas

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Recently I decided to watch this series because Allamorph linked me to a trailer and because Funimation has the entire thing up on their site: [URL="http://www.funimation.com/glassfleet/"][U]Glass Fleet[/U][/URL] Not sure how long that will last though. Anyway, basically, according to Anime News Network: The People's Army led by Michel stands against Vetti's newly founded empire. Upon seeing how strong the Glass Battleship is, Michel tries to get Cleo, the captain of the Glass Battleship, to help People's Army overthrow Vetti's empire. And together they fight against Vetti's empire.

The premises is simple and the execution is pretty solid. The music is excellent and the animation and space battles are very pretty. The politics and theatrics have a definite flair and it's easy to get sucked into this series. The English voice acting is also well done so it makes for an excellent series to follow. However...

There were a few downsides to it. Episode thirteen was nothing but a recap episode. It had maybe a few minutes at the beginning and end of new material and that was all. But it's not the only series to stuff in something like that so unless you enjoy recaps, you can honestly just skip that episode.

My only beef with this series was how they wrapped things up. They took a very [spoiler]strong female character, Rachel, the Pope's daughter, and turned her into a needy little twit once she supposedly fell in love.[/spoiler] They did manage to make the character a tiny bit more interesting later on, but even that I'm not completely sure on.

Then they took the main [spoiler]female lead and weakened her in order for her to be fodder for one of the main male lead's bed.[/spoiler] That was a real headdesk moment and if not for the fact that there was only three episodes left, I would have stopped watching it.

Anyway, anyone else seen this yet? I will say that it's definitely worth watching once.[/FONT][/COLOR]