OtakuBoards

Guitar Hero 5

Korey

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Activision is hard at work again, with the newest entries in their "Hero" series. The latest installment on the horizon is [B]Guitar Hero 5[/B], promises to deliver things that previous titles haven't done:

Forward compatiblity on songs.

According to Ign.com, Guitar Hero 5 will allow rockers to import the set lists from [b]Guitar Hero: World Tour[/b] and [b]Guitar Hero: Smash Hits[/b] into the game, for a nominal fee.

Tim Riley, head of music liscensing at Activision explains that the company has been wanting to do this for a long time.

[quote name=' Tim Riley, originally from IGN.com']"They are separate licenses, so we need to go back and re-license previous content. So, songs from World Tour, songs from the download space, songs from Smash Hits that will technically work in Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero had to be renegotiated...We didn't want to do it for a couple songs. We wanted to do it for a couple hundred songs. So we have a lot cleared and we're in the process of clearing a lot more."[/quote]

The game also boasts a new "Party Mode", where gamers can simply plug in their instruments and play the game without having to sign into the game under profiles. The mode also allowers rockers to begin playing in the middle of the song.

Another new feature is to allow multiple instruments of the same variety (i.e. two electric guitars) to be played by simultaniously. No more fighting over who has to play bass.

The game also includes new online features and the ability to play with 8 people at the same time.

For more information, click this [URL="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1011988p2.html"][U][COLOR="Red"]link[/COLOR][/U][/URL].
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I've seen some of the songs featured on the game, and I don't think I'll be buying it for those songs. But with forward compatability, I think I'll give it a buy. I personally prefer Rock Band for the drums and stuff, but GH has a better multiplayer than Rock Band.[/FONT]