OtakuBoards

10-year-old is tasered by officer

Rachmaninoff

There's this one rap song my fellow lover listens to sometimes.

Say it with me kids, fast as you can: officer officer officer overseer. XD

In a way, police are just the continuation of the slave seers. Now that we are all enslaved without any separation of race there was a need for a certain kind of re-envisionment of things, shall we say!

I am a Libra with Leo rising and Aquarius descending. Libra is about balance and justice, to put it in a nutshell. Suppose that's why I am more aware than many over how many drug offenders we throw in jail, and how little time murders and those of that sort get.

I myself went to jail over cannabis. It was completely injust, and I understood this. No one else in the courtroom seemed to. To add insult to injury, the judge treated me terribly. This was my first time going through this system, so I didn't know that I could've plead no contest instead of just either guilty or not guilty. The judge failed to inform me of this, which is a direct violation of my rights.

This was also the first mark on my record but they threw unsupervised probation at me (when they knew cannabis is medicinal hence legal here in Cali, and that I had a medicinal card) [I]and[/I] a fine. I felt it was very cruel and harsh.

I was forced to sign a piece of paper while my mother sat in the back of court, and all the people around me too--utterly oblivious to the injustice going on here. I just shook my head and was utterly disgusted. Alas I signed, because I wanted to go back home to Cali.

I am not saying that police are completely useless or a wrong function of society. I am saying, though, that not all of our laws are very lawful in the sense that they are not based upon anything rational, reasoned, or logical.

The criminals which emerge are, in part, a direct manifestation and emanation of the police. The police are "good," we say, and the criminals "bad." But in reality it's not so black and white, which the OP's article gives us one example of. Think about it: both have guns, both want to control. Is the line between the two really so different?

In the case of what happened to me, for example, scientifically we now understand that cannabis is less harsh on the body than alcohol and less addictive than nicotine. This is a fact. Thus, going by the logic of the US's scheduling system, cannabis has every right to be legal, especially because it is medicine.

My boyfriend, for example, was in a psychosis for a period of time. Cannabis is the only thing that took him out of it. If he goes a day without cannabis, I will see his mental health decline. This is how necessary it is for him. He is also a chronic pain patient with three lumbar discs broken in the lower back, of which cannabis is necessary for too.

Another great example of how ridiculous our drug laws are is that cocaine is a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor, and anti-depressants are modeled to do the very same thing (some only hit serotonin, others a few others, and they're now working on one that does all the reuptake inhibition of cocaine). The other thing we failed to mention for the longest time is that anti-depressants cause dependency and withdrawal. Many psychiatrists, etc., will use a different, euphemistic term. . .But that's exactly what it is.

Of course, there are many other examples, not all drug-related. It is just a subject that I feel I have much knowledge of, and I feel people deserve to have actual, wholesome data instead of the brainwash we often shove down peoples' throats concerning this. I mention the subject only because of its relation to the OP's post, and to educate.

I feel that the officer did not need to taser to accomplish his task. All he had to do was have someone assist him in keeping her contained, put the cuffs on, then be on his way. I think police should be trained very innately that violence is used only when necessary.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][size=1]You actually brought up a good point, Al, and I wanted to point this out. When does the age of impression begin and end?Generally, it seems like it's more difficult to discipline children when they reach a certain age. I don't know whether it's puberty or what have you, but the question I ask is, do you break consistency in punishment to reflect your child's age? Obviously spanking a 15 year old won't do you much good at all, but no matter what the punishment method you use shouldn't it be somewhat consistent?

Also, to elaborate more on the age of impression, do we stop trying to teach values or try to impress them on them when they reach a certain age? Obviously not, because learning is a life-long process. Maybe it's a certain age where parents have to let go of the reigns and let the child learn things for themselves, but a parent doesn't ever completely stopteaching their child values and morals. Heck, I still ask my parents for advice on relationships, things I should be doing and even if I'm wrong in doing something.

Also, you're right. Privilege it is.[/size][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Korey'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][size=1]You actually brought up a good point and I wanted to point this out. When does the age of impression begin and end?Generally, it seems like it's more difficult to discipline children when they reach a certain age. I don't know whether it's puberty or what have you, but the question I ask is, do you break consistency in punishment to reflect your child's age? Obviously spanking a 15 year old won't do you much good at all, but no matter what the punishment method you use shouldn't it be somewhat consistent?

Also, to elaborate more on the age of impression, do we stop trying to teach values or try to impress them on them when they reach a certain age? Obviously not, because learning is a life-long process. Maybe it's a certain age where parents have to let go of the reigns and let the child learn things for themselves, but a parent doesn't ever completely stopteaching their child values and morals. Heck, I still ask my parents for advice on relationships, things I should be doing and even if I'm wrong in doing something.

Also, you're right. Privilege it is.[/size][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Freud was right about a few things, primarily that we are very imprint vulnerable at young age. It is in that time-period that we are very impressionable and that has much to do with what we eventually become. This means that this kind of consistancy is even more important.

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I would say that this, even, does not [i]truly[/i] work. In elementary school, I had absolutely terrible behavioral problems; I was a hyper little **** and nothing could calm me down. Until the riddlen, that is.

I don't remember what the infraction was, but I got in so much trouble with my dad and stepmother that they took away [i]absolutely everything.[/i] Television (and by extension video games), toys, even my library card.

They then set up a system where I would get my passtimes back after chores and good behavior. Yes, I was a little angel then, but as soon as I had all my stuff back I reverted to being a little ****.

The rebuilding of trust may have inspired behavioral modification, but it didn't last beyond my short-sighted goals.[/color][/QUOTE]

Do you still take the methylphenidate (ritalin)? I have before and I feel that it shouldn't be on the market. As a stimulant, it has a type of action that is very oriented in the arteries and cardiovascular system, moreso than most other stims. It does so in a sense that is very yucky.

If you are still taking the MPH, I suggest you try something else. I was very ADHD myself as a child, and have had issues all my life. If you wanted a suggestion as to something else, I recommend Adderall.

Also be sure to drink more liquid than usual and eat more food than usual whenever using either, because they drain the body.

[quote name='Aiwass']Do you still take the methylphenidate (ritalin)? I have before and I feel that it shouldn't be on the market. As a stimulant, it has a type of action that is very oriented in the arteries and cardiovascular system, moreso than most other stims. It does so in a sense that is very yucky.

If you are still taking the MPH, I suggest you try something else. I was very ADHD myself as a child, and have had issues all my life. If you wanted a suggestion as to something else, I recommend Adderall.[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]No, I haven't taken anything like that for about a decade now. I've been managing to keep my ADHD at acceptable levels without it, though I still find it hard to focus on anything that doesn't involve bright, primary colors.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]No, I haven't taken anything like that for about a decade now. I've been managing to keep my ADHD at acceptable levels without it, though I still find it hard to focus on anything that doesn't involve bright, primary colors.[/color][/QUOTE]

I see. I do, but I use it in off-and-on periods. 2 days on, 2 days off, etc. Life has just been so hectic and intense lately that I feel so overwhelmed.

Without it, something fundamental seems to be missing. It helps me be on the ball. Otherwise, I'm not so much (at least as far as what society wants done, and all that--you know what I mean).

Then again, I was handed what's called Cylert when I was only about 6. You do that to a kid and it's going to change their brain, because then the brain is just developing.

I only take 10mg once a day when I do use, which is a small dose.