OtakuBoards

Help with Research?

kefari

Hey all,

I'm currently putting together stuff to start writing a novel, and I need help gathering research. :animesmil

It's a literary novel (which means it isn't genre fiction) based around a group of friends who meet in high school and go through college. Two or three of the characters, more or less, can easily be labeled with "otaku", mainly anime but manga as well.

I am friends with a few people who fit this description, but I would like a wider base, and unfortunately there aren't any dissertations or anything that have been written, or none that I can find on campus here in snowy Indiana. :p

I'm going to put together a questionnaire, and if anyone would like to fill it out for me or let me interview them on Skype, that would be lovely. I will wait a few days to see what sort of response I get.

If you don't want to do either of these, but would like to create a video on youtube and put the words "Otaku: A Love Story" in the title, that would also be fantastic.

To those who help me out, I would be more than willing to mention you in the acknowledgments of the novel when I get it out on the shelves.

If you have any questions, please ask! If they're a bit more private, you may PM me, or even send me an email at [email][email protected][/email] ...

Thanks so much in advance! I really appreciate anything and everything you can help me with, and I look forward to getting responses. :-D