OtakuBoards

Protoculture Addicts No. 98 Delayed?

stararnold

For those of you fans of Japanese pop culture living in Canada and U.S., some of you may know that Issue No. 98 of "Anime News Network's Protoculture Addicts" (Protoculture Addicts' Guide to 80 Anime You Must Watch) was suppose to be released in stores in summer of 2009 (scheduled date mentioned at [URL]http://www.protoculture.ca/Proto/index.html[/URL]) . Issue No. 97 of this mag came out in summer of 2008.

Anyway, it's been months now, and it seems no copy of it appeared in any stores in the Montreal city, which I live nearby. So I was wondering if there's a chance that the magazine is facing a delay or hiatus scenario or is there a chance that this mag got cancelled without its editor making an official announcement about it on the mag's website. I mean, a cancelled magazine series would normally use the "last issue" sign on the front cover of the issue released before its cancellation.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]So upon utilizing Google, I have found...well, absolutely nothing, outside of it supposedly "coming soon!". ANN's subforum for it hasn't been posted in since last month, and some of the members seemed to be wondering as well. I've checked the magazine's site, check the magazine's blog...nothin'. So it's either in Development Hell, or it's been quietly canceled. [If it's the latter case, and people are still subscribed to it, they're overdue for a refund, I'd say...or at least a replacement magazine.]

Sorry that I couldn't help find an answer for ya. =/[/SIZE][/FONT]