OtakuBoards

Perler beads~

HopefulOTaKu

okay so I have become a perler bead addict over the last week and my brother told me that I should sell them so I set up a page on livejournal, but I am am a little worried about it because the designs aren't MINE and I dont know if I should make money off of them. I don't know how to pixelate pictures, so I just look up perler bead designs on google images and copy the ones other people have done... :( but it wasn't their character either, so i'm not really strealing from them. Plus I am only charging for the labor and the supplies. For large pics, you go through a ton of beads xD

tell me what you think plz :)

anyone else really into them right now? and what was your hardest project or the one you love the most?

[quote name='HopefulOTaKu' date='28 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1280356045' post='698145']
okay so I have become a perler bead addict over the last week and my brother told me that I should sell them so I set up a page on livejournal, but I am am a little worried about it because the designs aren't MINE and I dont know if I should make money off of them. I don't know how to pixelate pictures, so I just look up perler bead designs on google images and copy the ones other people have done... :( but it wasn't their character either, so i'm not really strealing from them. Plus I am only charging for the labor and the supplies. For large pics, you go through a ton of beads xD

tell me what you think plz :)

anyone else really into them right now? and what was your hardest project or the one you love the most?
[/quote]
My friend Tony goes through phases with perler beads and he has a lot of fun with it. There are countless websites that sell perler bead art, like Etsy, so I don't think it's a big deal if you sell a perler bead version of Donkey Kong or something.

If you have a camera I'm sure everyone would love to see some of your work!

- Shy

[quote name='Shy' date='29 July 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1280422939' post='698217']
My friend Tony goes through phases with perler beads and he has a lot of fun with it. There are countless websites that sell perler bead art, like Etsy, so I don't think it's a big deal if you sell a perler bead version of Donkey Kong or something.

If you have a camera I'm sure everyone would love to see some of your work!

- Shy
[/quote]

I hate uploading to photobucket, so I will give you a link to my stuff ^-^
http://community.livejournal.com/otakuwant2bead/ I made a really cute Hamtaro and a cool Mario, and other stuff too d: I am currently working on a tortoro character :3

[quote name='HopefulOTaKu' date='29 July 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1280454813' post='698247']
I hate uploading to photobucket, so I will give you a link to my stuff ^-^
http://community.livejournal.com/otakuwant2bead/ I made a really cute Hamtaro and a cool Mario, and other stuff too d: I am currently working on a tortoro character :3
[/quote]

[color=indigo]i like them, especially the Boo and the Domo. Good work and good luck![/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Looking at your pics makes me wanna try this myself. I've not done anything arts-and-crafts-y in forever.

I'm especially digging the Nintendo characters and the Pokeball you got there. Very nice~[/font][/color]