OtakuBoards

Space Battleship Yamato: Resurrection

stararnold

[font="Arial"]I don't know if any of you went to the Fantasia Festival 2010 event (which took place in Montreal Quebec, Canada), but did get the chance the chance to attend the festival's screening of "Space Battleship Yamato: Resurrection", and it's one of the best 2000s Japanese Animated films I've seen so far, although it's the first "Space Battleship Yamato" (Star Blazers) film ever done without the involvement of Leiji Matsumoto, who was responsible for character and mechanical designs of previous SBY Anime (excluding "Yamato 2520"). In the end, it's the story that counts, not the art. I hope the movie gets an official Region 1 DVD release soon so I can buy it.

Anyway, I'm open to hearing your thoughts abot the movie. Also, you're welcome to state on whether or not you think that Yoshinobu Nishizaki (the creator and producer of the original "Space Battleship Yamato" series) will ever need Leiji Matsumoto's contributions for the making of each of his future "Space Battleship Yamato" works.[/font] Edited by stararnold