OtakuBoards

Cat's Choice: Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Felix the Cat

Just to throw this one in the game, [b]Shinryaku! Ika Musume[/b] is probably one of my favourite anime this year, not 'cause it would be outstanding in any way but simply because it's so damn funny!
Plot: [i] The story revolves around Ika Musume, a humanoid squid who came from the sea to conquer humanity, because of the natural disasters caused in the sea. However, as she destroys the wall of a beach bar, the owners make her work off the costs of the damage and as such a quite interesting plot unfolds. [/i]

Here's a pic:

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Felixdw/zero-raws-shinryaku-ika-musume-01-efbc88tx-1280x720-x264-aac-mp4_snapshot_24-15_2010-10-06_22-29-42.jpg[/img]

What I especially like about this anime is the original presentation of Ika Musume as clueless girl from the sea, basically learning about the human world and trying to handle things she's never seen before, based on her memories of the sea.
Also Ika Musume reveals some funny and pretty awesome powers along the show that make it a whole notch funnier :P

Aaannnd the topic is up for discussion! Edited by Felix the Cat