OtakuBoards

Diabetic Type 1

IIISTARSCREAMERIII

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"]Any diabetics in the house? I am a type 1 diabetic and I have been ever sense I was nine years old[/color][/size][/font][size="4"]. [/size][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"]I have never met anyone my age that was an otaku with my condition so if you are out there I would love to make friends^3^[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='IIISTARSCREAMERIII' timestamp='1323814932' post='710570']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"]Any diabetics in the house? I am a type 1 diabetic and I have been ever sense I was nine years old[/color][/size][/font][size="4"]. [/size][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"]I have never met anyone my age that was an otaku with my condition so if you are out there I would love to make friends^3^[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Both of my grandparents on my dad's side are type 1 diabetics. My dad hasn't developed it yet and they say it skips a generation. Makes me antzy, because I was diagnozed with hypoglycemia when I was 12. It was kinda cool, because I got to have snacks during school, but everyone hated me for it because I was the only one who got to eat in class. I had a friend who was about the same age you were when he was diagnosed with juvenille diabetes. I remember always trading my food with him at lunch and one day he's like " I can't eat that" when I offered him something sugary. But he's a happy healthy guy now, despite having it.

How have you adjusted to having it?[/font]

[quote name='T.O.P' timestamp='1324061161' post='710619']
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Both of my grandparents on my dad's side are type 1 diabetics. My dad hasn't developed it yet and they say it skips a generation. Makes me antzy, because I was diagnozed with hypoglycemia when I was 12. It was kinda cool, because I got to have snacks during school, but everyone hated me for it because I was the only one who got to eat in class. I had a friend who was about the same age you were when he was diagnosed with juvenille diabetes. I remember always trading my food with him at lunch and one day he's like " I can't eat that" when I offered him something sugary. But he's a happy healthy guy now, despite having it.

How have you adjusted to having it?[/font]
[/quote]

[size="3"][color="#9932CC"]Well I don't remember much before I had it so I guess I can say I have adjusted pretty well x3 I wish I had more friends with my condition though so I didn't feel so weird @3@[/color][/size]