OtakuBoards

Evil Dead (2013)

PiroMunkie

[center][b][size=5][color=#B22222]TRAILER IS GORY.[/color][/size][/b][/center]
[center][b][size=5][color=#B22222]BE WARNED.[/color][/size][/b][/center]
[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBXUyuv4Q0[/media][/center]

[color=#008000]This trailer was released about a week ago, and a friend of mine brought it to my attention today as he knew I'm a big fan of the original movies. After watching the trailer and doing a bit of reading on the movie, I have to say I'm pretty hopeful. Both Sam Raimi (creator of the original movie) and Bruce Campbell (lead actor in the original movie) are on board as producers, so we know it's not just some faceless Hollywood company who bought the rights to it and is doing whatever they want with it. It's not using the same characters from the original movie, which to me is a huge plus because there's no way anyone could live up to the legend that Ash (Bruce Campbell's character) became.[/color]

[color=#008000]All in all I can tell that this movie isn't trying to be the original [i]Evil Dead[/i], but instead is going to be what [i]Evil Dead[/i] could have been if it had all the technology and budget big fims have today. A lot of people associate [i]Evil Dead[/i] with the sort of slapstick horror-comedy that the latter movies ([i]Evil Dead II[/i] and [i]Army of Darkness[/i]) fell into, but lets not forget that the original film was actually trying to be serious, grisly horror and managed it really well for what it was. There will be no CGI used in the making of the movie, so we can expect some impressive make-up work, props, and smoke-and-mirrors.[/color]

[color=#008000]So as a fan of the original trilogy, I expect this movie to please me in the same way that I, as a fan of the [i]Planet of the Apes[/i] franchise, was pleased with the re-imagining that was [i]Rise of the Planet of the Apes[/i] in 2011.[/color]