OtakuBoards

Ff X

All_bout_Anime

Actually it doesn't cheat. The Luca Goers are just a lot better statistically than the Aurochs. I couldn't beat it for the life of me so I just gave up. As far as I know it doesn't have a big impact on the story so I didn't bother troubling myself over it. There's always revenge when my team is powered up later!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Actually it doesn't cheat. The Luca Goers are just a lot better statistically than the Aurochs. I couldn't beat it for the life of me so I just gave up. As far as I know it doesn't have a big impact on the story so I didn't bother troubling myself over it. There's always revenge when my team is powered up later! [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah I know I am right behind you![/SIZE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I, for one, don't think that FFX is the great game that you all say... Sure, I have fun playing it, and the story is the best I've ever heard... But it's story is TOO big, and the cinema scenes, while reduced from the last few games (I think), is still a lot.

Really, my motto is "If I want a good story, I'll read a book. If I want good graphics, I'll watch a high-tech movie. If I want a good game, I'll get a game."

That sounds a whole lot better in my head...

Oh, and about the Goers(sp?)... Use Sphere Shot. If you're really lucky, it will work. But keep up that defence![/COLOR]

First of all, to stay on topic: If you master the Jecht shot while on the ship it would really help you out in the match against the Luca Goers.

Next, I'll comment on the Final Fantasy quality debate. My take on it is that the series tries to appeal to all of the gamers' senses. It's true that Square pays much attention to detail in crafting a storyline fitting for a motion picture with each game, but the fact that they cater to the gameplay also makes the difference.

No two Final Fantasy games play exactly alike. With each release, Square makes slight(and in X's case, drastic) changes to the gameplay engine to ensure that gamers get something new each time they come back. I find it comforting to know that I'll never come out of a Final Fantasy game, having said the words, "It's just like the others, only with slightly updated graphics."

I feel that Final Fantasy offers a large gameplay feast with plenty of meat to go with it's visual desert. Early on the cut scenes frustrated me, but once you put time into unlocking all of the game's secrets, you'll learn that it's as deep as any of the games before it. The custimization of weapons, aeon attributes and abilities, and overdrives, may even push the game beyond the others.

As far as Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty goes, I feel that it offered a faltering storyline and a lackluster main character. Instead of focusing on gameplay, Hideo Kojima focused on making his creative vision in the form of a film.