OtakuBoards

Archie McNally fanfic

Heaven's Cloud

I thought I would start a fanfic for Archie McNally, the colorful detective that is the feature of a series of novels written by the late, great Lawrence Sanders. If anyone enjoys these novels, please add to my story...however, if you aren't familiar with the writing style or reoccurring charecters in the series please do not add onto the story

[color=indigo]I had just finished another tedious discreet inquiry, when I received an interesting phone call from Connor Bridges, West Palms most eccentric blue blood. After making the usual chit-chat, Connor inquired if I would be free for lunch to disscuss several discreet issues with yours truly. I immediatly accepted the invitation for lunch and agreed to meet him at one for a light fare at Moonlight Cafe, a quaint eatery known for its quiche and incredibly intoxicating coffees.

I dressed conservatively for the meeting, dawning a fuscia and pink checked shirt, beige linen pants, and a denim sports jacket. I arrived at the restraunt at oneish, and as I was parking my fire engine red Miata, I saw Connor Bridges swaggering across the parking lot to meet me.

Connor was a handsome man and wore his age of sixty seven incredibly well. He had a wild mane of white hair, dancing green eyes and a narrow frame. When he spoke, it was with a thick Georgia drawl, despite the fact that he had lived in Palm Springs his entire life.

We both greeted each other and took a table in the corner of the bustleing restraunt. I ordered a sterling voldka with a twist of lime and a seafood salad while Connor had a Bushmills and a thick T-Bone. After going through the motions of polite conversation, Connor cut to the proverbial chase.

"Archie, I think someone is trying to kill me..."[/color]