Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=century gothic]I'd just like to announce that today marks the birthday of one of the greatest men who ever lived.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss![/FONT]
Posted
Ah....yes Theodore S. Geisel(Dr.Suess) I remember all the great ryhming books he wrote "[i]The Cat in the Hat[/i], [i]Green Eggs & Ham[/i], [i]One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish[/i]etc."

I enjoy reading all of them mainly [b]The Cat in the Hat[/b],anyways Happy Birthday Dr.Suess!:)
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]also the fox in the sock.... wait that doesn't rhyme...

i know!

fox in socks... yeah thats it... i loved that book!

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess :) [/COLOR]
Guest Shift
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]Happy birthday Dr.Suess!!![/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Aww...*sob* The first book I could ever read was 'Hop on Pop'.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Happy Birthday Man, love ya.[/COLOR] ;)
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink]Ah, yes, the greatest childrens writer of all time!

Heh, when Cera first informed me of this, I didn't realize this Geisal fellow was Dr. Seuss. I even said...

"Well, I don't know if he's the greatest. What about Dr. Seuss?"

Or something along those lines...[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Back during World War 2 Geisel worked on some propaganda cartoons for the government. They were about how normal Americans could find out if their fellow neighbors were German spies. I wasa lucky enough to see one of them during an animation festival I went to a few months ago... it was very weird to see Dr. Seuss making war cartoons, but it was before he even started writing children's books.[/SIZE]
Posted
One of the videos i've seen is where two kids jump on to their day who's lying on the couch - the voice-over accompanying it was the lines from hop on pop. Poor guy, one of them ruined the crown jewels too.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Hey man, Hop on Pop is cool! Let's all hop. Hop on Pop. Hee hee. *pulls that book from her basment* I love this book! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Too bad Mr. Geisel is gone, he probably woulda wrote some pretty cool other books too, maybe even beyond child stories.[/COLOR] :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Back during World War 2 Geisel worked on some propaganda cartoons for the government. They were about how normal Americans could find out if their fellow neighbors were German spies. I wasa lucky enough to see one of them during an animation festival I went to a few months ago... it was very weird to see Dr. Seuss making war cartoons, but it was before he even started writing children's books.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Mulberry street was published before that, I believe...wasn't it?

[I should know this stuff, I'm doing a paper on him...]

Yeah, there's a collection of his political cartoons called [i]Seuss Goes to War.[/i]

Muchly cool.[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1] I rememberred last year, my high school caf. served green egg and ham on his birthday. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

you guys had to eat green eggs and ham... how did it tatse lol.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]

you guys had to eat green eggs and ham... how did it tatse lol. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue][size=1]I didn't eat lunch that day. The color green make me sick. [/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Yeah, there's a collection of his political cartoons called [i]Seuss Goes to War.[/i]

Muchly cool.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I was just about to reccomend that book to you, I need stupider friends. It would make me feel smarter...

And I believe his first work for children was done after the war and his work for Warner Brothers. But I'm not the one doing the assignment on him now am I?[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=red][size=3]Dr. Seuss?! Everyone...sing along!

"You're a mean one...Mr. Grinch...you really are an eel!"

...uh, i forget the rest...someone care to finish up for me?
[/color][/size]
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch/You really are a heel/You're as cuddly as a cactus/you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch!

or something to that effect.[/FONT]
Posted
Ok, you are all now.... confusing me.. very much... :drunk: who is this person? Funny, if he's famous, I [i]should[/i] know him...
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]LoL, are you serious?

He's Dr. Seuss, only the best children's author ever. [Don't suppose I'[m biased, do you?]

Wrote [i]The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, Hop on Pop, Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hears a Who!, The Butter Battle Book, The Lorax, Yertle the Turtle...[/i]

::continues rattling off titles::[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]LoL, are you serious?

He's Dr. Seuss, only the best children's author ever. [Don't suppose I'[m biased, do you?]

Wrote [i]The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, Hop on Pop, Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hears a Who!, The Butter Battle Book, The Lorax, Yertle the Turtle...[/i]

::continues rattling off titles::[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
:drunk: He's..... an author? A children's author? ......................... heh, I thought he was a doctor, or a scientist or something... :drunk: I've read all of them books except for........ Yertle the Turtle? ....hmmm.... well I must say, he's a pretty good author then... :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]also the fox in the sock.... wait that doesn't rhyme...

i know!

fox in socks... yeah thats it... i loved that book!

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess :) [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

actually i thin it was called Fox in the box:D

but it was a good book

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...