Zidargh Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 Hey guys. I went to New York yesterday as most of you know I'm on holiday in the states. And I bought this game 'Dragon Warrior VII' along with Chrono Trigger. So can you guys tell me anything about this game?
Charles Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but I will. I hear it's not much in the looks department, but gameplay wise, it's 100 hours of rpg bliss.
Zidargh Posted March 28, 2002 Author Posted March 28, 2002 Thats good, I like old school PRG graphics though. How about you?
Charles Posted March 28, 2002 Posted March 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i] [B]Thats good, I like old school PRG graphics though. How about you? [/B][/QUOTE] Oh yeah, for sure. Any true gamer can look past a spiffy coat of paint to see an actual game underneath. A lot of my favorite rpgs are two dimensional. I don't know if it's nostalgia or whatever. Personally, I find two dimensional characters like Marle in Chrono Trigger a lot more charming than some crude looking E.T. twin, like FF7's Tifa.:toothy:
Fall Posted March 28, 2002 Posted March 28, 2002 It's a good game from what I've played of it, though I haven't played much. It's better than the games before it, in my opinion. Good purchase. :)
Zidargh Posted March 28, 2002 Author Posted March 28, 2002 Thanks. So I guess we're true gamers CWB? Also Breath OF Fire is a great RPG and classic, it just makes them...... real 2-Dimensional. Although FF7 is one of the best.
tronic Posted March 28, 2002 Posted March 28, 2002 was ff1 a 2-dementional im just curious because yall are talking about 2-dementional
Charles Posted March 28, 2002 Posted March 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tronic [/i] [B]was ff1 a 2-dementional im just curious because yall are talking about 2-dementional [/B][/QUOTE] Yep, it was two-dimensional all right. I came out on the Famicom, which isn't exactly a polygonal pushing machine. Polygonal gaming didn't start in consoles unil Star Fox on SNES if memory serves me correctly. And, of course we're true gamers Zidane!:) I'm very impressed with these great rpg purchases you're making. You know your stuff, that's for sure.
Zidargh Posted March 29, 2002 Author Posted March 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i] [B] And, of course we're true gamers Zidane!:) I'm very impressed with these great rpg purchases you're making. You know your stuff, that's for sure. [/B][/QUOTE] Thanks CWB :) What did you feel about Breath of Fire? I think that's another classic. Also I'm going to buy Legend of Mana I think in the states. All my dollars gone after that (*sniffs*) Oh well!
tronic Posted March 29, 2002 Posted March 29, 2002 zelda ocarina of time a good purchase i beat that game to quick
Zidargh Posted March 29, 2002 Author Posted March 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tronic [/i] [B]zelda ocarina of time a good purchase i beat that game to quick [/B][/QUOTE] Thats Nintendo. Its not wuite the full RPG meand CWB would call. Still a great game. Good point!
tronic Posted March 29, 2002 Posted March 29, 2002 oh,i thought yall were talking about all systems:D
Charles Posted March 29, 2002 Posted March 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i] [B] Thanks CWB :) What did you feel about Breath of Fire? I think that's another classic. Also I'm going to buy Legend of Mana I think in the states. All my dollars gone after that (*sniffs*) Oh well! [/B][/QUOTE] Breath of Fire is okay. For some reason I liked the last one Capcom released more than the first one that came out for PSX. I do think that they need to try a little harder with the series to bring it up to par with the competition. Legend of Mana is a really good game. The graphics kinda remind me of Saga Frontier 2, which isn't a bad thing.
Zidargh Posted March 29, 2002 Author Posted March 29, 2002 Yes, water colour is a great effect of colour. I have Saga Frontier 2 which is another classic. I think that Grandia really has the ability to push imaginations and hopes to the limit. So what's Legend of Mana about and whats the sytem?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now