OtakuBoards

Halo!!!!

Hinata

[COLOR=orangered] I'm not sure if any of you have heard of this game but I had to come and talk about it cause I JUST LOVE IT!!!
Although I'm still getting my butt beaten by my friends I still like to play. It's actioned packed ans has plenty of action and it's kinda cool too but if you have played this game tell me what you think about it...and if you gott anytips...Please tell me about em!!! CAUSE I'M REALLY SICK OF LOSING[/COLOR]

Oh, yeah.It's great.I'm really great at it.Just use the sniper rifle a lot.Use it in the actual game, and you could also plug in an extra controller and play 2-player sniper weapons only game against no one.Just pt the other player in a bunch of different positions and find the best spots to snipe from at all the different levels.Then play against a younger sibling (if u have one) and test it out.Then try it out against ur friends.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=orangered] I'm not sure if any of you have heard of this game but I had to come and talk about it cause I JUST LOVE IT!!!
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Lol, Halo is one the most popular game in gaming industry today, it's been awarded the best Xbox game on sites, gaming magazines, etc. So I'm pretty sure if not everyone a whole majority of people would know about this great FPS (First Person Shooter) game.:)

I do not own a Xbox, but I did have experiences at my friend house.I must say this game is best played with friends, it was a blast teaming up with my friend killing enemies from one to another.;)[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
I do have an xbox and this is one of five games I have. I used to be in the exact same spot you were in, but I practiced alot and now I am unstoppable. I am better with a shotgun, cause the majority of the time it kills with one shot. Just practice anytime you can. That is all the tips I have today.

Guest Morph
I have XBOX, and I have Halo: Combat Evovled, I love this game also, its just that I have gotten bored with it. Beat all 4 difficulties... Yes I have done XBOX ONLINE with Halo, its I do that sometimes, and I also have an HALO site, its completely dedicated to Halo...

[url=http://www.haloonline.net] Halo Online [/url]

Great game. I bought the book leading up to it as well. :D

Yes, use the Sniper Rifle a lot. My strat.(im pretty good at m.player) is to run up and fire at your opponent point blank range. Just try to avoid there fire in some way, jumping, weaving wtc....

Point blank with the Assault Rifle, they pretty much dead, that is if you aint almost dead yourself.

And, try to throw a well placed grenade. If you know th ey coming, throw it before they get to you, and see if it explodes while they near it. THe plasma grenades.....well jsut get up close and throw it on them. BOOM! They dead. :D

Well thats all the tips that I can give.

Halo is truely a great game, and I think it's one of the best first person shooters to date. Well, probably the best. It has great sound, lighting effects, gameplay, etc.. It has it all. I find it quite entertaining to watch an enemy running around screaming with a bomb attached to it's body. Heh, now that's pure bliss....well for the player that is. I'm sure the enemies wouldn't feel the same way.

Guest Morph
[size=1] Well as for my strat, I'm fond of the pistol or the sniper rifle, and here is a tip, when using the Machine Gun, charge and fire, and when you need to reload, just melee the Covenant to death, then reload...[/size]

[B]Hate to crash the party, but I would just like to say something about Halo that I think a few people may agree with.
Yes Halo is brilliant, but it feels like an add on to many FPS games, adding graphical touches and immense levels. The game starts off brilliantly, but starts to get repetitive, sure you can drive a jeep and fly planes, but when it's just constantly just blasting away at the covenant level after level it can get boring. I am not just saying this after 5 minutes of play, I played it all the way through to the last level. Anyone else think the same thing?[/B]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=indigo]

Hybrid: There is no Machine Gun but there is an Assault Rifle. I think that is what you may be thinking of.

TheEliteDBZ: Yes, I understand what you are saying, and that is your opinion. If you have read all of these posts I would think that most of these people don't feel this way, including me.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Hate to crash the party, but I would just like to say something about Halo that I think a few people may agree with.
Yes Halo is brilliant, but it feels like an add on to many FPS games, adding graphical touches and immense levels. The game starts off brilliantly, but starts to get repetitive, sure you can drive a jeep and fly planes, but when it's just constantly just blasting away at the covenant level after level it can get boring. I am not just saying this after 5 minutes of play, I played it all the way through to the last level. Anyone else think the same thing?[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm with you all the way. There is a lot of potential there though. Hopefully we'll see a vast arsenal of weaponry added (think Turok), more enemies, and varied gameplay.

Halo wasn't really as much of the "thinking man's" first person shooter I thought it would be. I'm really eager to see if an update will offer better interaction with allies. The potential for puzzles relying on teamwork are endless. Just picture switching between a bunch of characters or using commands to complete objectives. Speaking of objectives, it would be nice to see more intelligent tasks handed out, rather than just blowing the baddies away.

Plus, it would be nice to play in more levels containing both civilian and ambient life. I could picture the game picking up in a vast city, where aliens are wreaking havoc and your character is just one of many dropped off into hell on earth. If you've ever played Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, and reached Omaha Beach, you'll get the idea. Just add to that, exploding cars and collapsing buildings. We could even see new vehicles like motorcycles come into play.

Lastly, more storyline wouldn't hurt. They definitely need more cut scenes interspersed throughout the levels to break up the monotony.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Atelis
[COLOR=darkred]If you have never ever heard of halo something must be wrong[/COLOR]

Guest ProudClod
I own an xbox and have to say halo is the best fps ive ever played. The in-game detail is awesome! and commanding teams during battle is too much... its a real shame that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but the plasma grenades rule.

To answer your question elite, all fps games are quite repetitve, but its the story that keeps it going, and cool add ons like multi player mode. Hopefully in the near future well see halo online. That would definately compete with counter strike!

Guest Jabroni3:16
You don't controll your team they just follow you. This is why i am really interested in PS2's SOCOM: US Navy SEALs. In that you actually cammand your comrads.

Crazy White Boy, i can't really see that happening in Halo. Halo falls in the Shoot Em Up category, not strategy. I honestly can picture pushing blocks around in Halo. You have crash landed on an Alien Planet would you rather be pushing blocks around, collecting keys, talking to hostile locals, or just be blowing the crap out of all of them and just wing it? If Bungie decides to add a Strategy type environment in Halo 2 or Online (God knows why they would add this in Online), i feel much of the gameplay from the first would be lost. It simply would be a whole new game and "Halo" shouldn't be in the title. If there's a Halo 2 i want to see the Microphone involved in it, like SOCOM.

I suggest you guys check out [url]http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/[/url] Here you can DownLoad software that will allow you to play Online with friends across the World. It gets really choppy sometimes, but since X-Box Live isn't out yet this is a choice you have for playing with friends until it is out.