OtakuBoards

Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo

No-Name

has ne1 else played this PS2 game? i heard mixed reviews about it, so i rented it instead of buying it. heres my thoughts
Ups:
-if ur a gundam fanatic, just watching the cintematics makes u like the game
-who does like firing a beam rifle at a zaku, then running up and pullin out your beam saber to hack it to death
-being able to use the thruster-pack thing is fun, cause u can land on top of whitebase and shott from there
Downs:
-you cant shoot down annoying planes unless they are either coming right for you or have stopped moving, because the "lock on" doesnt make you fire a lead
-hand-to-hand combat can be difficult, especially against the red comet
-sometimes you dont even understand what the hell ur supposed to do! they say go out and fight char, then they say come back and protect white base!
overall:
7 out of 10
Either rent it 2 or 3 times, or wait 4 months and then buy it used for 34.99

I think every gundam game is like that. I think you only like it if you asre a gundam fan. Alot of people thought Rise From the Ashes sucked but I love. Of course for a gundam fan, anything where you get to ram another mobile suit while pulling out you beam saber is awesome. Only thing about jaburo is that its said that control of the gundams suck. Wich is what they said about 0079 RFTA too but they turned out to be just fine.

ya, i guess your right. i really wanna see a 08th MS game. Kool website. if u need any help, i can help, cause im pretty good with HTML and banner making. i forget, what was the 0079 game for? i remember seeing an ad for it in a gaming mag about 2 or 3 years ago, but i dont remember which console it was for.

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]ya, i guess your right. i really wanna see a 08th MS game. Kool website. if u need any help, i can help, cause im pretty good with HTML and banner making. i forget, what was the 0079 game for? i remember seeing an ad for it in a gaming mag about 2 or 3 years ago, but i dont remember which console it was for. [/B][/QUOTE]
hey man, you say you can help out others,hmm, want to help me out on a gundam section, by writing some info, hmm what ya say? hmm

Guest firemac
[B]has ne1 else played this PS2 game? i heard mixed reviews about it, so i rented it instead of buying it. heres my thoughts
Ups:
-who does like firing a beam rifle at a zaku, then running up and pullin out your beam saber to hack it to death
-being able to use the thruster-pack thing is fun, cause u can land on top of whitebase and shott from there
Downs:
-you cant shoot down annoying planes unless they are either coming right for you or have stopped moving, because the "lock on" doesnt make you fire a lead
-sometimes you dont even understand what the hell ur supposed to do! they say go out and fight char, then they say come back and protect white base!
overall:
7 out of 10
Either rent it 2 or 3 times, or wait 4 months and then buy it used for 34.99 [/B][/QUOTE]
PSM gave it a 4 out of 10, so they really didn't like it

ya, i saw that on ur website. isnt 0079 for dreamcast tho? i dont have dreamcast :(
o ya, and on J to J they let u watch a preview of Zeonic Front. THAT game will be awesome. u control zakus and get to go fight the GMs, the video is awesome, and they look like they have better control than J to J. itll be a must-have

Well back to the topic of the game, travels to jaburo, I fell in love with the game! It was addicting for me. It had just plain hard levels, then they gave some easy ones then hard again. I liked it a whole lot and hope the other gundam games are as good as the one I played or even better! Are teh other gundam games better?

P.S. gomen about bring a kinda old post back, but I thought it would be pretty stupid to just make a new one since tehre was one already there just made about a couple of days ago, kill me if you want.

[B]has ne1 else played this PS2 game? i heard mixed reviews about it, so i rented it instead of buying it. heres my thoughts
Ups:
Downs:
overall:
7 out of 10
Either rent it 2 or 3 times, or wait 4 months and then buy it used for 34.99 [/B][/QUOTE]

since u put close combat as a down, i take it that ur used to medium to long range fighting
as for me, all ranges seem okay to me
i call this game a two-fronter
in other words, you have to do two or more things in the same mission
but at elast this game was better than gundam wing battle assault. man, did that game sucked