Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes


Recommended Posts

Guest Saiyangohan2002
Posted
has anyone heard of the punk band that covers classic hits called Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. they are so cool! so far theyve destroyed over the rainbow, blowing in the wind, not to mention Cat Stevens (a.k.a Yosef Islam) wild world. i cant get over how cool they make these songs! rock on MFATGG!!

:cool: :devil: :cool:
Posted
Hmm, they're alright.... Somewhere over the rainbow was alright, but their covers of Seasons in the Sun/Tainted love sucked. I'd stick with the Marilyn manson or The Living End's version of Tainted Love... Hell, the original by Soft Cell was better, heh.
Posted
[color=indigo]Of course I've heard of them :p They're all right and stuff. Fun to listen to. I've only head a few of their songs, but ya they're good enough.[/color]
Posted
there a good relief when your fed up with all the stupid happy go lucky pop sensation crap on the radio, just hearing all that stuff destroyed for the better. who here has heard of ? & the mysterians(question mark and the mysterians)?
Guest Saiyangohan2002
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B] I'd stick with the Marilyn manson or The Living End's version of Tainted Love... Hell, the original by Soft Cell was better, heh. [/B][/QUOTE]


Soft cell's is sure alot better than that antichrist idiot's version
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyangohan2002 [/i]
[B]
Soft cell's is sure alot better than that antichrist idiot's version [/B][/QUOTE]

I've never heard Manson's cover of the song but that doesn't really matter.

I personally disagree with a lot of the messages he presents in his music, and the whole "antichrist" image he has isn't for me either (seeing as how I am a Christian).

But that doesn't change anything. I still find him to be a very intelligent person. I've seen him in interviews and read some of his and he always comes off to me as intelligent and not just some moron trying to make money off being antichrist. But of course I don't know him personally and cannot make that judgement. But then neither can you.

I also must say he's a talented musician from what I've heard so far. I don't appreciate his lyrics at all, but his music has its moments from what I've heard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...