Kent Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 well i figure there is no thread and i wanted to know what everybody thinks. i love bunches of these bands. actually i love the genre. what about you? whats you fav. one. or if you dont like the jam bands, why?
goddess21 Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 [color=orange]I must be totally ignorant, but what exactly are jam bands... and what are some examples of some?[/color]
Kent Posted May 8, 2002 Author Posted May 8, 2002 grateful dead, phish, wide spread panic, string cheese inccident. just a few. i would say a jam band is an improvisational rock band. its some of the best music. not for those who love 2 and a half minute rap songs that rely on computer generated sounds. jam bands are really intruments. piano, guitar, bass, fiddle, horns...etc.
Geist Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 My favorite is Phish, (even though it's the only jam band I own,) I have 5 of their albums. I'm going to look into the Grateful Dead soon.
Kent Posted May 8, 2002 Author Posted May 8, 2002 just dont be the guy who buys the best of and then acts like hes the biggest fan. i know that alot of people tend to think of that guy as the trendy, bangwagonier. if you want to try dead get the europe 72 album. its what youd want. you could do the skeletons in the closet best of... everyone is that guy at some point.
Geist Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 [COLOR=blue]Okay. I usually never act like I'm anyone's biggest fan anyways.[/COLOR]
Kent Posted May 8, 2002 Author Posted May 8, 2002 sweet it actually sounds like you appreciate the music. keep on rockin and dont care what anyone thinks.
Geist Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 [COLOR=blue]Okay, You too. [IMG]http://www.sitemouse.com/users/galagas80/rock.gif[/IMG][/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now