OtakuBoards

Running Away Fromfrom Destiny?

Ninjaman

Ever since I watched that episode of Digimon, His Kingdom fo a Horse, I keep playing that scene when Jeri says with her sock puppet: "Running away from destiny?" Mainly because I keep looking at my destiny...

--------------------------
Darkness surrounded me in every corner. When was the last time you were kidnapped by your own emotions? I sat alone in the darkness.

"Destiny."

A voice came from the darkness, but yet I was not afraid.

"Destiny

The voice kept repeating the word. I thought of the word. Then I the whole scene took place again.

School ended. It was time for summer. Everyone cheered as they walked out the school building. However, I walked out with emptiness in my heart. My first year at high school and I barely made any new friends. People knew of me, but did not know me that well. I walked out thinking how it would have been if I tried to make friends.

"Loneliness is my destiny."

How I longed ot to correct my past, but I could not change the past. I was walking on the sidewalk when I noticed the darkness to surround me. And here I am in the darkness.

"Destiny."

Images of guys and girls surrounded another image. It was me. And the people were my fellow class of freshmen. Questions came from their mouths.

"Who are you?"

"Where are you going?"

"Why do you not speak?"

My image covered his ears. He yelled.

"I don't know! I don't want to be here! I want everything as it was before I came here!"

Then one of the guys emerged from the surrounding crowd and walked toward my image. The other image looked like me, but was not. His eyes were missing from his face. His arm extended and wrapped around my other image and stared into his face. It opened it's mouth which was drooling and the fangs, instead of teeth, showed.

"Running away from destiny?!"

Another person emerged from the crowd. I knew him. He was in my old school.

"No, he's facing it!"

The deformed image of myself wrapped its other arm around my old friend.

"Do not interfere with destiny!"

Another person, no, the entire group surrounded the evil image.

"Destiny. Does not force her children to take their path. Humans have theri right to choose their own!"

The group overcrowded the evil image and it dissolved releasing me and my old friend.

"Hey!"

I woke up from my trance. I looked up. Someone was pounding against the darkness.

"Let him go!"

The person was my old friend. I was confused. I did not know he would come to save me.

"Do not give up!"

I got up. I walked towards my old friend. I felt a wall in my way. That was what my friend was pounding at.

"Hang on. I almost got it!"

The wall did not shatter. Suddenly, another person appeared and took his shot at the wall. Soon more and more people pounded at the wall. It was my freshmen, even the girls took their shot at the wall.

"I don't understand."

I did not know why they were trying to save me.

"Please. We're going to save you! Hang in there!"

Soon, not just freshmen, but other classes came.

"Loneliness is my destiny."

The wall of darkness became thicker,

"Come on! Please, don't give in!"

Tears formed in my eyes. It's been such a long time since tears were in my eyes.

"Destiny. Does not force her children to take their path. Humans have theri right to choose their own!"

My body shook.

"Please help me!"

My friend took another pound. He was sweating and was tired.

"Who are you."

Another pound.

"I am more than myself."

Another pound.

"Where are you going?"

Another pound.

"Wherever my actions take me."

Another pound.

"What is your destiny?"

He took one last pound.

"To choose my own path!"

The wall shattered and the darkness vanished. I fell on my knees and hands. I felt my friend put his hand on my shoulder. He saw my tears.

"What happened and where were you?"

"Facing my destiny."