OtakuBoards

* 4 NE1 who knows NEthing about Digital Cameras *

Goku213

i bought one a while ago, and i didn't know much about them, it was cheap and really basic. I've taken a look and it's a 0.3MP camera.
What i want is a camera that gives out good quality pictures, like a good quality normal camera would. I've been looking around and saw some Kodak one at £299 that gives 3.1MP. I've seen splenty of £250 ones that give 2.1/2.2MP.

So, for anyone who knows anything about these, of course the 3.1 will be the better camera as far as picture quality goes, but my question is...is it worth it? Is 2.1MP real good quality anyway?

Just looking for a bit of advice before i buy. Thanks

well, the higher the mega pixle, the better. i like stuff ove 4, but 3 will get you good pictures. you will be able to blow them up to 5x7 prints with little problm.

i know i use a d1x, which is 6.5mp, and that is a rocking camra. it was 4.5 grand, in united states dollars(3000pounds)

i think i'm best saying that i'm not into any professional photography, so i dont need anything that is PERFECT quality :) lol. Also, i'm not loaded at all, so i can't really afford any of that. I would never blow £3thou on a camera at all. I'd just use it for any old photo taking, y'know?

What would 3.1 and 2.1 photos look like in terms of quality? Rate them on a scale of 1-10 if you can't think of how to describe it.

If you'd rate the 3.1 an 8 or something, and the 2.1 a 6.5, then i'd go for the 2.1 as there's not enough difference to make me shell out the extra cash, which i could do with right now

I use a proffesional digital camera. Can you set on the camera that you have now the ISO sensetive, the pixels, the size and the quality?

If you have, try these things first:
or if you are going to buy one, make sure you can do these stuffs on the camera:

The IsoSensetive: Highest (I have 100, 200 and 400, put it on 400 then if you can get higher, take higher)
Pixels: Take the most pixels
Size: I have normal size, bigger size and 2x Zoom. Take normal size. If you are very far away from something you wanna photografh, tale 2xZoom.
Quality: I have Super, High, medium, low. Take high.

Make sure you have enough memory cards if you put you're settings of size on bigger size or 2xZoom. If I do that I only can take 15 photo's on 1 card.

About taking photo's outside. (Someone elsed used that camera outside and those photo's where all failed, white, you couldn't see anything).
So, if you wanna take photo's outside, just leave the settings that way, but put the flash off.

It's the bestest, if you start taking photo's with a digital one, and you can put the photo's selfsharp. Do it on automatic (I still have that on, and then you must hold the button half pushed in (the button where you must push on when you wanna take the photo)so it can make it sharp. (It can be that you're camera doesn't have all these functions).

About the flash, put it on automatic too.

There, I hope you are something with it. But I don't know you have all these functions on your camera. But normally it must have it.
If you have any other question, just ask. ^-^

thanks, i didn't understand all of your post but i caught parts, The camera i have now really doesn't have many features at all, it was pretty cheap. It's a Kodak EZ200. The one i'm looking at now is a DX700 or something like that, DX700, DX500, one of them. I don't really need many flashy gadget things, i just want something that takes decent quality pictures at a reasonable price :) Anyway, thanks for the reply