OtakuBoards

?Masaki?

Guest Raven131

Guest Raven131
Okay so Yosho adopted the last name masaki when he came to earth (obviously after his other mom, Misaki) then his daughters name awas Achika Masaki. So unless Noboyuki is really related to Achika and all the Tenchi characters are soem redneck Mississippi people :eek: (no offense to anyone from mississippi) how is Tenchi's last name, Masaki? (above comment: wel actually Ayeka is Tenchi's great aunt and yosho was her BROTHER, so AHH INCEST, but back to the question)

• 4 weeks later...
SISTER! Now u know lil ms tenchi girl!!! As Ayeka stated in an epsiode i know for a fact you own, that we humans may seem it od ot marry your brother or sister. BUT on Jurai its not. their, you see?!?!!? GOLLY!. but ya know to us... REDNECKS!!! I would like ot know as well. WOULD OSMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN THIS TO ME! MY wonderful sister got her self banned. good hting 2 comps. diff houses. haha she cant come on :D but um yes. id like to knwo as well and ill inform her of resusts if anyone can help me.. plz..

Allow me to explain...
First of all, in Japan, a married couple uses the WIFE'S last name.

Okay, so when Yosho came to Earth, he married a woman with the last name Masaki. Masaki sounds like Misaki, but they have nothing to do with each other. When Yosho got married, he took his wife's last name.
So Achika's last name was Masaki, just like her mother's. When she married Nobuyuki, he changed his last name to Masaki.
Tenchi's last name is Masaki because you take your mother's last name in Japan, not your father's.

Aye was supposed to marry her brother (Yosho) but fell in love with her great-nephew (Tenchi). Yes, this is in-breeding, but the Jurai royal family does this on purpose because they want Jurai Power to stay in their family. If the family members married each other, then only the family would be able to have Jurai Power. Marrying outside of the family spreads the power, which they don't want.
It's nothing new. Once upon a time, most of the royal families in Europe were all related to each other and married each other. I think the leader of Germany during World War One was so inbread, one of his arms wouldn't work.

Oh, and Misaki isn't really Yosho's mom. Maybe more like a step-mom.