CrimsonDragon Posted June 21, 2002 Posted June 21, 2002 I was looking through my Game Informer earlier today, when I cam across a very interesting game, that game, is called, Splinter Cell. First off, I would like to state it has some of the best visuals, I have seen on any console........ever. :eek: They say it's going to be the next Metal Gear Solid 2, and it might even bump MGS2 off of the top spot for stealth titles. As a recent episode of Extended Play, made very clear, there will be some awesome features included in this game. First, you will be doing lots of shimmying (sp?). Light, Sound, even your own shadow can give you away in this game. Another feature is peeking open a door. You will be able to just slightly crack a door open, and peer inside to see what's going on. Somehow, they did all this with the Unreal engine. That just baffles me. Well, it should be out March 2003, and if it's half as god as it looks, I'll be getting it! :toothy:
Barra Maral Posted June 22, 2002 Posted June 22, 2002 Yeah I have this month's issue of GI. That game looks like it will be a great game.
CrimsonDragon Posted June 22, 2002 Author Posted June 22, 2002 Finally, someone is posting in my threads. Alot people just say, This game is cool, your thoughts? and get like 40 replies. I put a good 5 to 10 minutes into this and I get nothing. Yea, I can't wait for it to come out, I just hope more people post in this thread.
Guest ProudClod Posted June 22, 2002 Posted June 22, 2002 Tom Clancy has made various espionage novels, which have become games. Splinter Cell is said to have change all espionage games, and now is branching out to new areas, since it will be in third-person mode, where stealth takes centre stage. Splinter Cell uses a modified version of Epic's next generation Unreal engine, which will also power Unreal II. Players assume the role of Sam Fisher, a field operative working for a low profile black-ops agency called Third Echelon, and controlled by the National Security Agency (NSA). Fisher takes on covert operations such as infiltrating high-security strongholds in order to gather necessary intelligence, or in some cases destroy it. Some people are already drawing comparisons to the Metal Gear Solid series. It's a bit too early to tell for sure. Im not to sure about a solid release date, but we can expect it on the PC and xbox (wait...were in the Sony forum?), and will be ported onto other consoles in 2003.
CrimsonDragon Posted June 22, 2002 Author Posted June 22, 2002 No, it's coming to all 3 consoles. Not just X-box and pc. Guess you miss-heard something, I am looking at it right now.
Guest ProudClod Posted June 22, 2002 Posted June 22, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrimsonDragon [/i] [B]No, it's coming to all 3 consoles. Not just X-box and pc. Guess you miss-heard something, I am looking at it right now. [/B][/QUOTE] I know, read the end of my post, it says "and will be ported onto other consoles in 2003." Its hard to say which type of computer is going to work best for it, since the game is in a new format, no longer first-person, I guess this will be the test for the game, if it works, then we should probably expect more third-person action from Tom Clancy. Previous Tom Clancy games have been very good and interesting in its own way....but after playing Rainbow Six on the playstation, I was seriously put off all of them, so I hope this will bring Tom Clancy games back up to its standards on games consoles.
Charles Posted June 23, 2002 Posted June 23, 2002 Sorry it took me so long to reply to this people. Work can be a bugger, lol. I've never really liked Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six or Rogue Spear on the consoles because of their cumbersome control. After all, they were designed with the PC in mind. The most intriguing aspect is definitely the games lighting. There are a lot of games out there that throw in superfluous lighting effects that don't add to the actual game play. To say that I didn't think a rival for Metal Gear Solid 2 would come along this quickly is an understatement. Hopefully, this title will have console-friendly controls and a strong storyline to go along with the superior graphics.
GhostofSalvtore Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 The game plays like a really good MGS2 with improved graphics,gameplay, the works. But Xbox users will get the game first and I am definetly getting that one when it comes to the PS2.
No-Name Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I'm pretty sure that it's coming to the PS2, XBox, and PC. It seems like a ripoff of MGS2, but I hear there will be different gameply elements. I also think they mentioned he only has 1 SMG and 1 Pistol, so it won't be too much based on firepower, but rather stealth. Looks cool, probably will get it.
Chaos Posted July 21, 2002 Posted July 21, 2002 If I see another Tom Clancy game, I'm literally gonna rip chunks of my hair out. This series is like the MK and Tomb Raider games. LET THEM DIE.
GhostofSalvtore Posted July 23, 2002 Posted July 23, 2002 Well this one isn't like any of the others, the others I think were all FPS's and this looks like its not.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now