OtakuBoards

when is die hard coming out for gc?

anime4

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]The ninth of October should be your date. I have to admit, the game looks quite promising. Although the "original" plot seems to be a copy off the first movie.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Is that in the US or the UK?
Whatever the game willl be like, it will most definately be more promising than the Die Hard Trilogy version of it.

Guest Kazuya Mishima
Let's see then....hmmmm...ah yes, ProudClod, in the UK, we should see Die Hard: Vendetta in the range of September and October, so I take it that it is the UK date.

I can't see what's so bad about the Trilogy version though, I really enjoyed, it lacked character detail, and the sounds were poor, but the lifespan was very impressing, I had a good 3 months at that game (and that was only for Nokotomi plaza!).

One new aspect of Die Hard: Vendetta is the first person mode, if this does well, then I guess that this could revolutionise future Die Hard titles to come, maybe future FPSs for that matter.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twinzam v [/i]
[B]Well it comes out in october i really want to get it i like the others i hope it is as good as the others [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it'll be different from previous versions, in that it won't be various genres coupled into one package.

As mentioned by Kazuya Mishima, Die Hard: Vendetta will be a played from a first person perspective.

Such news could either be exciting or a kiss of death, depending on how you look at that particular direction, heh. However, Bits Studios is implementing some exciting features into the gameplay.

I'm most looking forward to the much touted "state of the art" intelligence that will be present in the enemy AI Microsoft's' Halo enjoyed great success and praise partly due to the quality intelligence found in the enemies.

Also, slow motion, [I]Matrix[/I] style sequences will make their way into the game in true Max Payne fashion. I for one, feel that the approach would be welcome in a first person shooter (especially one based on Die Hard). Obviously, the title borrows on specific qualities of other hit titles. Aspects that I haven't even gotten into, such as stealth and targeting limbs, will make the overall product stand out when it's released, I'm sure.

The most unfortunate thing about this game, is that it's release date is placed dangerously close to Nintendo's Metroid Prime. Maybe these previously mentioned features will help this title avoid collecting dust on store shelves.

Unlike Metroid Prime, Die Hard: Vendetta will feature a multiplayer mode allowing up to two to four players. As we all know, a strong multiplayer mode can ensure a game's enjoyment value. Most of my fond memories of Bond come from playing multiplayer.

Guest Kazuya Mishima
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Also, slow motion, [I]Matrix[/I] style sequences will make their way into the game in true Max Payne fashion. I for one, feel that the approach would be welcome in a first person shooter (especially one based on Die Hard). Obviously, the title borrows on specific qualities of other hit titles. Aspects that I haven't even gotten into, such as stealth and targeting limbs, will make the overall product stand out when it's released, I'm sure.[/B][/QUOTE]

Anything is possible in any type of game, but when it comes to a good old First Person Shooter, many abilities become very limited. The bullet-time ablility for an FPS will a be hit or miss. Clearly if there is a bad impression put on the bullet time, obviously no other major gaming companies would attempt to create another of the kind.

Another main priority which needs to be taken into concern would be the freedom of the character. Controlling an FPS isn't exactly all that easy, there are many controls to learn, by simply adding another technique to the controls purely makes it one step closer to hell.

Games controlling systems have become to complex and far'fetched these days, that is what many companies do not realise, not to forget that games need to be compatible with the right hardware.