Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=red][b]The atmosphere of that planet could have extened for hundreds of miles beyond the planet itself. So, they could still be in the atmosphere with oxygen while they destroy it. Or they could be holding thier breath. Saiyans. seem to be able to do that for a long time.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]I swear we had a topic asking the exact same question... but I'm having a hard time finding it...

Son Goten's reply is probably the only real sensible answer. It's probably just a loop hole...[/color]
Posted
I hear that, but isnt it possible that vegeta and nappa were outside their pods for a short enough time that it doesnt matter where they were.

I suppose you could just hold your breathe, I mean these are saiyan elites.
Posted
Yea, I noticed that too. You could also see an example of this when Frieza destroyed all of the saiyans and there planet. I beleive that's when they showed the video. Oh well, all I remember was that there were alot of saiyans out in space and frieza shot a huge blast at a planet. I can't remember if the blast included the saiyans or not. Hope I helped.
Posted
Even if Saiyans could breathe in space (or didn't have to breathe, rather), then there's still a huge issue with body density. Scientifitcally, your body can only be as dense as the air/atmosphere around it. When there's less air aroud your body, your molecules start to loosen. That's why you get light-headed when you're at high altitudes. That's why astronauts have such large space suits. Pumping air into their helmet isn't enough. Air has to surround the entire body or their molecules will divide and they will explode.

In order for a Saiyan to survive in space, they'd not only need to breathe in [i]something[/i], but they'd have to have a molecular structure more dense than any living thing on Earth, which isn't very likely considering they can mate with Earth humans.

Assuming a planet's atmosphere was extended far enough for them to blow up a planet without getting caught in the explosion, either they were breathing in the outer-most parts of the atmosphere (which would make the air on the planet itself so dense, you or me would either be crushed under the air pressure or get the bends) or that part of the atmosphere would be so thin, they'd start going into dizzy spells.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...