Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I just finished the last OVA last night, incredeble stuff. :) Tonight I will be watching the movie, I'll probably post back about it too. Does anyone else here watch this series. Which from what I have seen is my favorite!

:cool:
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well personally I've always been a fan of Ruroni Kenshin, its a great samuri drama with a hint of comedy in it. As for the Movie that you should of really watched before the OVA's since the movie in fact takes place during the series time line. But either way its a good watch. The Ova's were good, especially the very last one, since it finally ends the whole Kenshin story line. I would go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it for the other people who haven't seen it yet.
Posted
If you don't want to spoil it just put a spoiler alert!

[B]Warning Spoilers![/B]

But, I agree when he killed Tomoe on accident, that was so unexpected. It was cool too!

[B]End Spoilers[/B]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Hmm...I didn't find so much cool as sad, so since we're already on this topic what episode did you personally like the best?
Posted
When I said cool I meant, it was cool that something like that actually happened. As for my favorite episode, I don't really know yet as I haven't seen all of them. But so far it was episode 22 I think. The episode with the Gatling Gun! That was sweet. As you can tell I am not an expert on names or anything like that for [B]this[/B] series, but I am catching on.

Edit: Even though I just joined the boards, I have been following TheOtaku.com for a while. Are you the Rick Hunter that did the anime movie reviews? If you are, they were great!
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
;) Well to answer you last question, yes I am the same Rick Hunter that did the anime movie reviews for theOtaku.

Well my favorite episode actually would have to be the first episode mainly the way the characters were introducded were amazing. Another favorite episode of mine is the one where Yahiko was introduced for the first time. It's so sad how a kid was expected to pay off his family debts. It was a really interesting storyline.

I'll post some others later when I actually remember the episodes by title names.
Posted
[FONT=arial]lol, I love the way Kaoru lectured Kenshin about his sword ('you know you're not supposed to be carrying around a sword now and blah-blah-blah they're dangerous blah-blah-blah') while she was waving his sword around like she was about to cut off his nose. the OVA is really good, really sad though. I think I prefer the OVA over the tv series.[/FONT]
Posted
Mmmmm Kenshin...you thought Yahiko's story was sad tho? Heh he can't even begin to compare to Sojiro's. I loved that entire episode where it showed his childhood, it really showed why Sojiro acts the way he does..ah..don't want to spoil anything. Also around ep 38-39, the eps w/ Seijuro Hiko are some of my favorites, and here I thought Kenshin was the coolest hiten mitsurugi user, heh forgot about his competition. Too bad dvds cost $25 each, I'm only at episode 57 or so and it's a slowwww climb to the end of the series >=\.
Posted
Since I was acquianted with Kenshin, It easily became one of my favorite anime series. I've seen up to ep 48: towards the end of Legend of Kyoto I believe. I probably liked just about every ep I've seen so far but my favorites include the first few eps where they meet Sanousuke (my fav character from the show) and also eps 28-30 which i've been told contains one of the greatest fight scenes from the show.
I've seen the first Kenshin OAV and its really good. It was nice to see Kenshin's past. I don't plan on watching the 2nd OVA until I finish watching the series because I heard it's the ultimate end to the series and its supposed to be pretty sad. :( It's an awesome series with one of the best plots I've seen.
Posted
I saw the movie and it was great! It shoot straight up on my "Favorite Anime Movies List". It's at #2! Mononke Hime (Princess Mononoke) is still the best though. :P Have you seen the movie? If so which were your favorite parts? ;) I think the best part was the fight at the begginging, the one that Kenshin keeps playing over and over again in his mind.
Posted
I've got to watch this series already....:twitch: I went to my local anime provider in Chinatown some time ago (yep Hunter, THAT place) but they confused the hell out of me when I tried to buy a tape. They told me the series was only like 5 or shows long and they asking for $5 bucks a show! Now I hear that there's way more episodes and now, I'm lost. Tell me exactly how many shows, OVA's and Movies are out there, cause I REALLY want to see this series already!:bawl:
Posted
As of now, there are 95 eps for the TV show, 2 OAVs (each one is split into 2 parts and run for about an hour), and there's only 1 movie (approx. 90 min. long). That's probably as much as they're going to do for the Kenshin series but there is a rumor circulating around about a 3rd OVA in production but that's pretty hard to believe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...