Hi I am new here and have been reading this thread with some interest. My faourite anime is Yami No Matsuei. I find the artwoek and storylines to be phenomenal. None of the others I have seen, and I have seen a lot, come near to it. [Cowboy Bebop is my second favourite ;-) ] It is a yaoi anime. Yaoi for the most part tends to be very mild with nothing explicit usually shown. It can also be ambiguous for exaple Tsuzuki in YNM has also been seen to have feelings for women. he never fully reveals his feelings for men although there is some male bonding through work relations. If we look at the origins of yaoi. it was written by women for women to explore men's emotions. Living in a country where in comparison to some western countries women are still rather repressed. This may be changing. The yaoi stories show men displaying their feeling of vulnerability, sadness, love, and so on. It was not written originally to explore homosexuality although in a lot anime's today this is incresingly done so. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality it is just as normal as heterosexuality and it is good that the anime's at least can acknowledge this. Although Will and Grace is a good programme too :-) I do not like lemon/lime because of the age thing, I think it can be dangerous.
Tsuzuki