Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Petie

Administrators
  • Posts

    1170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    33

Everything posted by Petie

  1. [color=#0000ff]8-bit Street View is already there.[/color]
  2. [color=#0000ff]You get one of the far more uncommon top loading North American NESs![/color]
  3. [color=#0000ff]Haha, this is outstanding! Looks like it's time to dust off my NES.[/color]
  4. [color=#0000ff]That's not necessarily the final title in the progression ;)[/color] [color="#0000ff"]Also, maybe I'll figure out a way to work custom titles back into this system.[/color]
  5. [color=#0000ff]He's not the only one - just look up![/color]
  6. [color=#0000ff]That's my fault. Since the sizes changed, I re-ran the cleanup script last night to try to sort out some missing images, which it didn't do because it seems those members somehow had their avatars stored in a different place. What it did do was reset it to whatever you had in the previous version. Sorry for the mix-up but you can certainly still use the bigger one if you'd like.[/color]
  7. [color=#0000ff]So I'm thinking this makes more sense in Hardwired.[/color] [color=#0000ff]Also, I've never played Amnesia but I've seen videos like the ones posted and I can definitely see why it would be scary if you're playing it in the right conditions (dark room, no enhanced brightness, etc). The graphics not being the greatest don't really take away from that factor, from what I've seen in the videos, because it's not their appearance that gets you.[/color]
  8. [color=#0000ff]Thanks, James. The loss is still disappointing but definitely not as bad as as losing everything for sure![/color] [color=#0000ff]Also, I just realized I never changed our spoiler tag back when I was going to so I just took care of it. The default spoiler tag will once again black out text while the spoilerblock tag can be used for the collapsible box you were seeing before. Was there anything else I said I would do and then totally forgot about?[/color]
  9. [color=#0000ff]Curse the limitations of technology... Whoever thought it would be a good idea to invent a phone that [i]can't [/i]fit a person through it really wasn't thinking.[/color]
  10. [quote name='Woe is Chris' timestamp='1332772262' post='711017'] First time even knowing the O Boards existed, :D . "It's For Your Health, Silly !" Chris . [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Hello and welcome! :)[/color] [quote name='ExcelExcel' timestamp='1332781937' post='711021'] I'm going to go punt wasp nests at people today. If I manage to land one in someone's car and they swerve off the road, I WIN! [/quote] [color=#0000ff]You need a points system. Like a convertible is 1 point, through a side window is 5, and through a sunroof is 10. Swerving off the road can still factor in to be bonus points or an instant win![/color]
  11. [color=#0000ff]So, our original two skins are back and selectable (from the "Change Theme" link on the bottom left)! I'm going to leave the default theme available as well because I like it. And eventually, I'll try some color changes and see if I can get a few more options up.[/color]
  12. [quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1332690048' post='710990'] [font=Calibri]On a serious note, is there anyplace that goes through a list of exactly what all coding/styling options we have for posts? I'd like to know if there's still an option for the blacked-over spoiler text instead of the collapsible box that the generic tag turns into.[/font] [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Yes. You can find it here: [/color][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode"][color=#0000ff]http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode[/color][/url][color=#0000ff] - not sure why it doesn't show up as a link somewhere. I'll see it I can get a link up for it. As for the spoiler tag, for some reason, both spoiler and spoilerblock are outputting pretty much the same thing so I'll change spoiler back into the black highlight.[/color] [quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1332692483' post='710991'] [font=Calibri]Also, double-post ahoy. Merge if needed, I don't mind; mostly I just want to make sure it gets seen. Was looking around at various pages. Stopped by the Members tab and saw this:[/font] [color=#0000ff]*snip*[/color] Any ideas? [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Not really sure what's going on there but I see it too. I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up![/color]
  13. [quote name='Japan' timestamp='1332554859' post='710925'] Hey I just wanted to update you, Petie. I browsed the forums on my iPod for a little while and I'm on my desktop now. My skin is still the main one and not stuck on mobile! [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Thanks for the update, Japan! I think I actually managed to fix the "Full Version" button on the mobile skin (not quite sure how but when I tested it, it worked) so hopefully, we won't have this problem in the future.[/color]
  14. [color="#0000ff"]I've been somewhat following this as reports run on TV and I'm with you. It's utter nonsense to believe that there's even a slight chance he shot in self-defense. And the "Stand Your Ground" laws, and other similar tenants (Castle Laws and the like) are indeed for use in your own home and, in some states, in other areas where you are legally allowed to be. Most also call for some level to attempt to retreat and to warn your would-be attacker of deadly force before using it in public areas. None of this applies in this situation, even less so when the only thing that this guy found suspicious was that the kid was African American and had a hoodie on and there didn't appear to be any imminent threat (in reality, the watch captain seemed to approach him).[/color] [color=#0000ff]Really, he should be arrested and convicted of 1st degree murder. I'm not sure why that hasn't happened yet - it seems pretty open and shut to me, racial slur or otherwise.[/color]
  15. [color=#0000ff]Thanks, and nice catch. It is indeed related as I had to edit his profile to switch him back. I'll fix that now.[/color]
  16. [quote name='Boo' timestamp='1332533995' post='710914'] [url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/elloeveryone.png/"]http://imageshack.us...loeveryone.png/[/url] So it's an announcement that I just normally cannot see. But I just checked my Chrome IE Tab and it does show there. So basically it's Chrome's fault. [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Do you mean the welcome back announcement or am I missing something here? That announcement is one I put there when I re-launched the site and it doesn't disappear nor can it be closed. My only thought is that you have an ad-blocker that is looking for, among other things, the tags that IPB uses to define its ads. To make that announcement, I used the built-in ad system instead of modifying the templates as it was much easier. However, if you have an ad-blocker that's hiding them, it may be why you're seeing it for a split second and it is then disappearing. If you have one, try disabling it and let me know how that goes.[/color] [quote name='Japan' timestamp='1332535231' post='710915'] Apparently I am not in the 'full version?' It won't let me see anything but this condensed version of OB. [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Did you first visit the site on your phone or some other mobile device? Your skin was set to the mobile skin which may explain why you weren't seeing most of the features. I just reset you to the real skin. Hopefully, that fixes it. Let me know though![/color]
  17. [color=#0000ff]I'm not sure what that was then. Maybe try to screenshot it next time? Evidently, you'll need lightning-fast reflexes but I have faith![/color]
  18. [quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1332519346' post='710905'] I touched a chicken in Skyrim. The whole town started coming at me with their axes. I turn around and find a guy swinging at me with his axe. I squeal, cry, yell, and then run. "OMG!?!1!!!! ;A;!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEEEAAAAALLLLL* WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *RUNS*" and then I had to pay 45 coins for touching a chicken... [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Yeah, apparently chickens are revered in Skyrim because looking at them the wrong way can wind up causing an angry mob to chase you out of town.[/color]
  19. [color=#0000ff]It sounds like the JS files that create the editor are still being blocked for some reason. I just installed NoScript, went to OB, saw a "Javascript disabled" warning, allowed OB, and now everything seems to be working fine. Do you have any other addons that could be interfering?[/color]
  20. [color=#0000ff]Are the buttons just grayed out or are you missing the toolbars entirely?[/color]
  21. [quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1332472944' post='710889'] So uh, this is embarrassing, but there doesn't seem to be a way to switch back to the default forum layout from the mobile version since the "Full Version" button at the bottom of the page doesn't seem to influence any change. Signing out only works until you sign back in, so I'm assuming that setting is tied to your account, but I can't edit my settings in here, so. I AM THE ACCIDENTAL BETA TESTER [/quote] [color=#0000ff]I will look into the cause of the issue but for the time being, I switched your skin back to the default.[/color] [quote name='Japan' timestamp='1332475282' post='710891'] There is another issue. I have noscript in firefox installed. OB is allowed and I cannot see anything pertaining to OB that is not allowed. However, I can't find user cp/backroom/settings modifier or anything. (Change password, my profile, edit signiture/avatar etc) It is really annoying me. I can't even see BBC codes or anything like I used to. Things I have blocked in noscript: ... If this can be looked into I'd really appreciate it. It is so frustrating. [/quote] [color=#0000ff]The User CP is found by clicking "My Settings" from the dropdown on your name at the top right (and can also be found [color=#0000ff][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp"]here[/url][/color][color=#0000ff]). Is it that you can't see the dropdown because the script isn't working or that you just didn't know that the link moved? Also, what do you mean when you say you can't see BB codes? I'll certainly look into this but I don't use Firefox or NoScript so I'd like to narrow some of this down before I go install it.[/color][/color]
  22. [quote name='Boo' timestamp='1332468070' post='710886'] Eh, I actually don't know. It was up there for seriously half a second. Maybe I accidentally clicked something funky? It was when I loaded the home page after doing other stuffs. (Could be just Google Chrome playing tricks on me) [/quote] [color=#0000ff]I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. Maybe a PM notification or something?[/color]
  23. [quote name='Japan' timestamp='1332462215' post='710879'] Emails are now very pretty! No messy HTML codes to report! [/quote] [color=#0000ff]Yay! I'm glad that worked! The setting to make it happen was a little bit misleading but it was the only one that made sense so I was hoping for the best.[/color] [quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1332462990' post='710880'] I just realised the layout of this forum. It's [i]exactly[/i] like the layout of another forum I just joined. So there are templates that you can use for forums? Didn't know that. That's pretty sweet. [/quote] [color=#0000ff]This is actually the default layout for Invision Power Board 3.2.0 and up so any forum running this software that hasn't customized it will likely look pretty similar to, if not exactly the same as, this. But to answer your question, yes - you can get skins created (or make one yourself) that you can apply to make the forum look and feel however you want. If you remember back when we were still running vBulletin (the software before the version before this one), those skins were custom made and heavily modified the default look of the forum.[/color]
  24. [color=#0000ff]Shh... no one was supposed to know![/color] [color=#0000ff]In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about your friend but I'm glad he's doing okay! [s]That[/s] My car will certainly think twice before hitting him again![/color]
  25. [color=blue]Sure, let me know how you get the notification for this reply.[/color]
×
×
  • Create New...