[quote name='Japan_86][COLOR=Navy]Last year, there was a school shooting at a neighboring school. Two monthes ago, there was a kid who shot himself in the head right in front of a school in a town not too far from here. Now, at [I]my[/I'] school, a teacher was fired and getting tried for sexual abuse of a 17 year old girl. What is this world coming to? I am somewhat afraid to go to my high school any more. Like, what'll happen next? [/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Navy]I know what you mean. A couple(OK,make that 6or7yrs ago...)I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when we had a lock down 'cause a rapist was in the school area[/COLOR][/FONT]
[QUOTE=Japan_86][COLOR=Navy]At my school, we have an open campus. (I know....weird for Washington state to have an open campus)
If some crazy guy comes on campus, how do we escape?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Navy]The school I went to was open campus and I was (acctually still am)in Washington State.But I see what your getting at(kinda) Anyway, I agree. If we had to have tried to "Escape", it might have been pretty hard. Thank god for police officers.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[quote name='Japan_86][COLOR=Navy']So basically what I'm asking is, do you think that schools are still as safe as they say it is? If so, why, and if not....why?[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Navy]I don't really think schools are as safe as they should be. I mean, I remember teachers always telling us that "School was the safest place we could be" Then you turn on a TV and what do you see? School shootings, teachers having sex with students and so on. So, I guess school really wasn't the "Safest place we could be"[/FONT][/COLOR]