Shame on those people who call suicidal people stupid or selfish. That's like blaming someone for having cancer. It's literally a disease of the mind. Many times, it can't be helped (This is in reference to people who are truly depressed/suicidal and don't know why!). I understand that some people threaten suicide for attention (and that is a bit selfish), but don't lump us all together. People have different reasons.
As a person who's been suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts for nearly 6 years, I can say that I truly believe that many people suffering from suicidal thoughts are indeed not in their right mind...but because of a little known factor. People are incredibly naive as to what goes on around them, but it isn't really their fault. I've happen to run across many things in my readings that point to a little known culprit that may be causing many of these suicidal problems to begin with. When people hear the words depression and suicide, many think chemical imbalance, right? And what is it exactly that is causing these "chemical imbalances"?
My conclusion is (oh yes, you may say I sound paranoid, but I've done the research) that the same companies that provide the country's food supply are also in connection with the country's pharmaceutical supply. They deliberately put drugs into the food that cause depression. That's why if someone has a crappy diet, that could be one of the major factors contributing to their depression and even suicide. Low blood sugar is known to cause depression and many of the foods consumed here will do exactly just that-sky rocket your blood sugar so that it causes you to literally crash (this can cause addiction as well!). So what do many people do when they become "hopelessly depressed"? They'll buy anti-depressants. In the end, it's all about money.
I admit I'm guilty of not having the best diet, but ever since I've done the research, I've attempted to clean up my diet somewhat and can say I'm feeling a bit better these days. I thought I'd share my two-bits with others who are feeling dark and negative and would like to know why that may be. Oh, and think about taking a walk in the sunshine and fresh air. If even for a few minutes I guarentee you'll feel just a little better. :animesigh