I actually have a dog of my own who used to be a real problem with chewing. She would just get so bored with things and eventually find something to attack. And personally, as a dog lover, I think it's never to late to train a dog to do something. My dog is seven, going on eight, and I just recently trained her to fetch, even though she's supposed to be a hound.
One trick for the ripping/chewing problem is to put hot sauce (or specialized crab-apple sauce that can be found in pet stores) on the things that she would normally chew on, but if she's stubborn, like my dog was, she would lick off the sauce, go get a drink of water, then go back to chewing it.
Is your dog male or female? You wrote that it's a "she", but then you mentioned that you haven't gotten her neutered. Do you mean spayed, or is your dog a male?
And while I'm on that topic, I'm not sure if the fact that you haven't spayed/neutered it has something to do with the problem. If your puppy is really young, then it might not have gone into heat yet. But if it is a female, and it is old enough, then it might have to do with it.