I still remember the day I won.
It was a frosty Tuesday evening, sundown, one cold October many moons ago. As I traversed the dark dusty path in front of me, the forest became a dark engulfing presence, its sinister manifestation looming in front of me.
I'd been travelling for a few days now and water was getting low. I drew my hip flask and drank the watery liquid substance inside. Glug Glug. Refreshing. Glug Glug Glug Glug. My spirits now lifted, I exhaled. Pffffff I said out loud. It was then that I entered the forest.
As I followed the trail of twigs and leaves into the forest I was surrounded, also by twigs and leaves. But not only twigs and leaves. Though that I did not yet knoweth. Apart from trees, birds and cats (which I’d seen). Not just any birds though, ravens. A dark omen to even the most amateur of adventurers. The sun twinkled briefly through the dark cold of the night.
As I continued through the forest, listening to bird song and thinking about caterpillars, one of my favourite animals, I thought I could hear cheerfull people singing in the distance. Silly me I thought to myself. Because it was then that I encountered the orks.
As is a common fact orks simply love to rifle through your pockets, looking for bags of gold which they can then steal, often then chopping you into pieces and throwing you into a cauldron pot as they count their swagger and talk about different ways they are going to cook you for dinner!! And there is very little you can do when orks have you tied up with ropes, believe you me.
...unless of course your presence also alerted a merry band of elves!!
Elves are sworn enemies of the orks and are all too happy to run in, swords slicing as they disable each and every ork in the area! Which they did! Hoorah!!! We all cheered at the dismembered orks!
It was then that I found we were not far from the magical elven homeland, which I know you all know and love, called Elfwood. Since those times I’ve always been friends with the elves.
[COLOR=black]And you won't be surprised to know that I DID in fact hear singing in the forest that cold Tuesday in November. It was merry wood elves having one of their many enchanted woodland feasts!![/COLOR]