OtakuBoards

Does anyone else have these problems?

enigma

[COLOR=blue][I]I keep having two problems when using Otaku boards.

The first one is not that bad, but can get annoying. When someone is logged onto Otaku on the computer I'm using, and I want to log them off to get to my file, I click log off and it says that they've been logged off, but they're still logged on when I get returned to the main menu, and I've found that I have to go through a certain order to finally log off.

Secondly, this problem really aggravates me at times. When posting something, while I'm writing, everythings going fine, but sometimes when I press backspace, it activates the 'back' button on the internet panel and when I go forward to get back to my post, the entire post has been deleted, sometimes deleting posts that has taken me a while to wright.

If anyone has these problems, or the solution to these problems, then just post back here so then I(or any other people suffering these problems) can fix it.

Thanks.[/COLOR][/I]

Ok, the logging in problem is easily fixed.

Your cookies are not always properly deleted as the boards so eloquently say.

If you are using IE, click:

Tools-->Internet Options-->

Than click "delete cookies"...sure it deletes them everywhere but who cares...its how you doit the easy way lol.

Your second question can be answered with ease as well.
If you have problems with the board's writing serices...I highly suggest that you obtain a word processing application. Write in there and than copy and paste into the text box on the reply screen.

I find that those who do not value you their posts all to much write directly to the board (as I am doing now, without spellchecking..hehe im a rebel! lol).

Anyway, if your cursor is IN the text box, when you hit backspace, all it does is delete one letter.

If this proplem occurs while your ready to click "submit reply" than here is a suggestion.

When done writing, just his "TAB" and than "ENTER"...it usualy moves you down to the button...and clicks it for you.

->MK
PS: This almost exact thread was made like 2 weeks ago, but i have no problems trying to answer you.

1. Are you using IE? If so maybe you can try holding down the Shift key and clicking on 'Refresh'. Or do the same with the Ctrl key. Do it a couple of times and see if anything is changed. If it works great. If not then maybe you can try something else. Deleting all your cookies is probably not a good idea. It means you have to customize everything again to all those sites you've been to. And even if that's okay with you, it might not be okay with whoever else is using the computer too, er...like a parent or two? ;)

2. What MK said. Make sure your cursor is POINTED INSIDE the 'text box'. I would add that you should actually try to avoid the TAB key. That actually gets you outside the box, so if you've accidentally pressed it, then pressed the backspace key, then that's probably why you've got the problem you're describing.

And you don't really need a word processor. Just use Notepad if you have nothing else. (again I'm assuming you're using Windows with IE).

Reload normally works (or refresh, if one doesn't work your browser has a menu option for the other) to re-access the page and not be logged in. I have a feature-not-a-bug with a browser (IE for XP) that causes the computer to store different cookies for [url]www.otakuboards.com[/url] and otakuboards.com (without the www). The gizmo big thing links to the latter, the buttons on it to the former. I have problems with it, but adding/deleting the www could get you a different set of cookies.

The backspace one? If the | text cursor (not mouse pointer) is visible and blinking inside the reply field, then backspace will delete one letter. If you have clicked outside ot the box, or tabbed outside it, backspace will send you back a page. PS - Netscape/Mozilla doesn't recognize the backspace.