Guest Imsirion Posted November 8, 2002 Posted November 8, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B] The logo is weird. It reminds me more of some Hanna Barbara crap than anything anime (barring maybe stuff like Astro Boy). [/B][/QUOTE] I was thinking the same thing. It looks to happy/kiddie/cartoony if you ask me. Also, I think the Cowboy bebop dub is great, I think the voices match perfect.
Guest Morph Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 [size=1] I'm really excited about ADV. I hope that it'll be good and prosperous. I also hope that they don't show Pokemon or Digimon [Just a personal preference.] By the Way, Semjaza, I like that icon. Its neat, and it stands out, its of bright color so its easy to spot. But what I'm worried about is the shape, its like a scientific beaker. I hope that they don't focus on Sci-Fi animes and more of Martial Art/Action/Horror animes.[/size]
Manic Webb Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 The logo reminds me more of a 1960's sitcom than a Hanna Barbara cartoon. Like something you'd see on Nick-at-Nite or TV Land. If it's an extra "pay" channel, then there should be nothing to worry about for anyone (unless you hate all dubs in general) and we don't even know for sure whether they'll show subtitles or not.
Semjaza Posted November 9, 2002 Author Posted November 9, 2002 I'm usually half asleep when I watch cable anyway... I'm not about to read subtitles in that case haha :).
Syk3 Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 I actually [i]hope[/i] that this will be a channel that you have to pay for. I already have that line-up anyway, and if they make you pay, chances are tht they will show these shows completely uncut. That would be very cool, lol. I don't really like the icon either. I guess that they have an okay design on the side, but it's kind of plain. Ah, well, it's what's on the channel that counts.
eleanor Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 Heehee, I have digital cable.... But, yeah, I kinda hope it's a paying thing so that anime won't just become another fad with everyone else.
Guest Wakka_N_Tidus Posted January 12, 2003 Posted January 12, 2003 *is addicted to anime* I NEED THIS CHANNEL! I hope it's all accross the globe. Then we can watch it and be online and chat about it at the same time like TRUE anime fans! ~.O
Syk3 Posted January 13, 2003 Posted January 13, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_gurl [/i] [B]Heehee, I have digital cable.... But, yeah, I kinda hope it's a paying thing so that anime won't just become another fad with everyone else. [/B][/QUOTE] Same here, and since I have it, I agree that it's the best way to show it so that it can be totally uncut. We shall see... [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wakka_N_Tidus [/i] [B]*is addicted to anime* I NEED THIS CHANNEL! I hope it's all accross the globe. Then we can watch it and be online and chat about it at the same time like TRUE anime fans! ~.O [/B][/QUOTE] It won't be across the globe; just in America. I don't know, maybe there are other places that have anime channels, other than Japan, of course.
Kenso Posted January 19, 2003 Posted January 19, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i] [B]How I wish I lived in the UK... [/B][/QUOTE] Right about now, so do I...ANd they better hurry up and make the damn channel!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now