Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
We don't usually allow favorites, but I believe this is the first of it's kind! So..yeah...

Anyway, my favorite episode is, no doubt, Session #5 : Ballad of Fallen Angels. This episode is the first one to actually get into the vibrant and detailed plot, and we meet the villian of Cowboy Bebop, Vicious. This episode has it all: action, death, mystery, sci-fi, comedy, and a taste of romance; all combining to form one heck of an episode. Another reason why I like this session is because it plays my favorite song, rain, as Spike is entering the cathedral to fight Vicious. The song matches the tone perfectly and has a very nice rythm.

I think if there is one episode someone could watch and be instantly hooked to Cowboy Bebop, it's this one. ;)

Edit: Welcome to the OtakuBoards, you did the right thing by going ahead and posting in forums that interest you. :)
Posted
Hah... good choice. Well the session that got me hooked was Pierrot Le Fou (Session 20) It's crazy. "I heard there was a mummy on ship" Faye..
Posted
A agree with both of you. Session #20 : Pierrot Le Fou, and Session
#17 : Mushroom Samba are two of the greatest sessions in Cowboy Bebop. Mushroom Samba for it's comedy, and Pierrot Le Fou for it's sheer amazing action scenes, both of which are a few of my favorite episodes. A particular one I hate, however, is Session #11 : Toys in the Attic. It's just so stupid that decayed food is biting people on the Bebop. And the way it finally dies...pathetic.
Posted
Well, my favorite is Session #03: Honky Tonk Women. Simply becuase it's the session that introduced me to the series! Ick, at first I hated Faye's dubbed voice! I saw the subbed episode of this first and her voice was so awesome. ^-^ Anyway, as for Session #11: Toys in the attic. While it isn't my favorite episode, it isn't that bad. It is just one of the sillier episodes in CB!
Posted
Session #03 : Honky Tonk Women was good too (Geeze, everything you guys state is a favorite of mine!). It was originally my favorite episode, since it introduced Faye into the series, and had some nice tunes as well. BTW, I love her outfit, such a tight fit. ;)

The plot in that session was wrung together so nicely, and it's so realistic in so many parts -- debt, gambling, and even non-smoking areas, LOL.
Guest AnimeGurl
Posted
My favorite episode are Ballad of Falling Angels, The Real Folk Blues and Jupiter Jazz Blues. I love those episodes.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeGurl [/i]
[B]My favorite episode are Ballad of Falling Angels, The Real Folk Blues and Jupiter Jazz Blues. I love those episodes. [/B][/QUOTE]
Oh, yes, I can tell very much why. These are the episodes that get into the plot. While the rest of the sessions are usually side-stories, these 3 (actually 5) are the ones that define the plot and my favorite character, Vicious. I love it how they wern't always in the plot 100% percent of the time, but when they were, they outdid themselves in creation.
Posted
i agree, those episodes pertain to the overall story. Thats why when Cartoon Network showed the marathon it showed those. In fact when i watched them straight through i could have considered it the whole series.
Posted
I am a big fan of that session. Nice episode, lots of action. It just amuses me how over 200 years old would look like. Did you see how big that pistol was though? geez!
Posted
Yeah, Session 6 : Symphany for the Devil was a good episode, but it wasn't one of my favorites. Why? I suppose that while they had some nice plot twists, it was a little too elaborate, stretching farther then anything they've shown thus far.

I own the movie, and let me say, it's one of the best anime movies ever. The action scenes are fabulous, and the story's not half-bad either. I just...can't get enough of that movie, lol.
Posted
yeah i downloaded the movie...... yeah yeah i know...but i love that movie so much! i am going to go watch it right now. lol

okay what was the first session you guys saw? Mine was Session 21 Boogie Woogie Feng Shui
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord_Otaku88 [/i]
[B]okay what was the first session you guys saw? Mine was Session 21 Boogie Woogie Feng Shui [/B][/QUOTE]
Haha, the first episode that I saw was Session #1 : Asteroid Blues. I saw the first five, then bought the series on DVD, and saw it all in order. o_O

Strange, huh?
Posted
yeah that is strange, considering how my first few were session 21, 23,and 24. i stopped watching it for a while because i didn't want to ruin the ending when i knew so little about it.
Posted
[size=1]As I stated already my first session in both the subs and the dubs was Session #3. But my [i]other[/i] first episode was Session #20 Pierrot Le Fou! God, that [b]thing[/b] was awesome. I know he had a childs mind and bulletproof skin. But that is all I really got. I wasn't really watching. :p[/size]
Posted
Stay on the subject otaku. If you want to ask that may i suggest making your own thread?

EDIT: Yes I am obsessed with that episode. It wasnt bullet proof skin though. He had psycic powers to stop the bullets. And 1 more thing I didnt know it was possible to shoot through a bullet proof window.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NECRO [/i]
[B]And 1 more thing I didnt know it was possible to shoot through a bullet proof window. [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, it's bullet proof to an extent. For example, if you shoot a rocket launcher at it, it may, in fact, break. Or, it you shoot it with a machine gun directly aiming at one point continuesly for 10 seconds, it would weaken it and eventually break it, which is precisely what Mad Pierrott did.

I suppose that you can conclude that bullet-proof windows are stronger than regular windows, but can eventually be broken into as well.
Posted
But...But...Where's the fun in that!? I'd rather taunt my enemy instead of just shooting them with a rocket launcher.lol. But yea good point. Pierott Le Fou would have a less chance of dying...again.hah. MOOOOOOMMMMY!! I understand that he has the mind of a child but thats just not right. I think it was a cruel but funny death. SQUISH!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...