Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
We have topics on Birds of Prey and Smallville, but who here is a fan of the Justice League cartoon? I for one surely am, being a massive comic book fan. The animation is much better than any of Warner Brothers' previous DC comics animated series and every episode is two or three parts. I am hoping that we see some more of the heavy hitters of the DC universe face the League, especially Darkseid, who I already know is a shoe-in.

If you are a JL fan, have you seen the Savage Time movies? What were your thoughts on it?
Posted
I stopped reading comics when I was around 11 years old, and even then I never really read DC comics. Justice League inspired me to go online and read about different DC superheroes (the different Green Lanterns confused me for a while). I really like the JL cartoon and I can't wait to see how far it goes. It's the Warner Bros best animated series (although I wish they would dip into the lives of each of their secret identities now and then).
Posted
I like Justice League. Batman is so well....Batman! He basically isn't into the whole team thing they just call him when they need him. The Flash is funny too, i like that the episodes all tie into each other. I hate series that seem unaffected by what has previously happened.
Posted
[COLOR=RED]The Flash is great, but it'd be better with the Kyle Raynar GL who appeared in the Superman cartoon a few years back. Jon Stewart is just too...militaristic.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
I love the justice league.

The savage time movie was really good because it showed a bunch of first for the team.

Wonder woman got a kiss from a man and enjoyed it.

GL lost his powers and had to go back to plain old human defenses, like with the gun.

Both of those were great.

As for the rest of the series, I think they do a really good job of all the charactor personalities.

The flash always trying to pick up the ladies.

Superman just being the leader.

Batmans solitude.

They all are very individual, and each are done very well.

I would say this show is on par with the best of cartoon networks shows.
Posted
I really like Justice League, but unfortunately the viewing schedules are a bit wacked here so I don't get to see much of it.

Is the Savage Time movie the one where they have to travel back to WWII? I saw two parts of that, then it stopped. It got really good, too :bawl:.

Batman, the Flash and HawkGirl are my favourite characters. But does anyone know what happened to Cheetah after her brief appearence in that two-parter with the Joker?
Posted
Yes, Savage Time is te WWII movie. Cheetah was dragged off by Solomon Grundy because Lex Luthor thought she was a traitor, but if you look hard at the scene with the villains being put into the police truck you can see her with all th others.
Posted
I love this show. The only problem is that I don't know what times that it's on. So I have only seen a few. But luckly I did see Savage Time. And I loved it.
Posted
I like it a lot. The bad thing is is that the charcters aren't the same. I still think just them alone, like Superman and them were better. But still it is still a very good cartoon. Superman is different in a way though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Who exactly is Hawkgirl? The only thing I can connect her to is that there was a Hawkman in the old superfriends cartoon. Who is she? Where did she get the wings? [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hawkgirl was at one time Hawkman's sidekick. All Hawk-people are from the planet Tankgar (sp?), where there is an entire species of them. They are born with wings and super-strengh and stuff.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
True, but in the comics there is a long convoluted history about the Hawks. The original Hawkman and HAwkgirl were archealogist who were actually the reincarnation of an Egyptian princess and her bodygaurd. The Thanagarian versions are their successors and then there's a lot of continuity problems in the comics with Hawkman and Hawkgirl I can't even begin to explain. The animated version is the Thanagarian Hawkgirl.

Superman is different in this version because they have slightly tweaked the animation, and have a different voice actor than the one from the Superman animated series. Plus they've downplayed his powers some, so that he's not all-powerful and cannot do everything himself.
Posted
[color=red]A few years ago, DC put out the comic series "Hawkworld". It was meant to help retell Hawkman's origin and help the charachter. Unfortunaly, the writer's screwed up somewhere and Hawkman is now the king of screwed up continuities.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
Well pretty much every DC characters' history is screwed up because of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and "Zero Hour" DC has to constantly tweak history in order to try to get rid of all the continuity problems their writers keep creating for themselves. This never happened at Marvel, which is why the big M will always be numero uno:D
Posted
I like X-Men. They were always my favourite lot of super heroes. But, Batman (I keep typing 'Batmon'. Scourge of Digimon...) is very very cool.

I've never read any DC comics (or any Marvel ones, actually), but I can imagine that you've got to keep renewing things to keep the storyline fresh. Like anything, coming up with new ideas without just prolonging characters that should have long since died is hard. With something like Justice League it's easier because you've got villains from six different realities to deal with. And because it's a relatively new series, it's not begun to run dry yet. Which is good.

Oh, wait! I read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Loved it lots.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]Does anybody know what time it's on? And do the show new episodes often? [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Justice Leagues airs Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00. They show new episodes fairly often, and it is just about to start a batch of exciting new episodes.

-Shy[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...